12-23-2017, 02:08 AM #1
Tustin
Balls of Steel
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I made this little site after taking a look at the emblem editor for Call of Duty WWII. I noticed that the API has no authentication on other user's emblem data, so I made this site so you can search for a user on either PSN or XBL and see their emblems. The emblem renderer was taken directly from the editor itself so there shouldn't be any errors with showing any emblems. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get Steam to work, but I imagine that's because they only just got an emblem editor on PC; it might not have been included on the website yet.

The website is entirely client-side based and is open source. There's some janky stuff I had to do (mainly due to CORS) so it could be done completely in JS. However if you see something dumb in the code that can be improved, feel free to submit a PR.

Code: You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

Side note: In case you're curious, I did get emblem copying/stealing to work, but I didn't include it in the website. It was brought to my attention that something like this could harm emblem tutorial makers on YouTube and I didn't want to be responsible for that. If in the future Sledgehammer adds the ability to share emblems on the game then maybe I'll add it to the site.

The following 7 users say thank you to Tustin for this useful post:

bonbonbon, Father Luckeyy, Hydrogen, Kronos, Norway-_-1999, ROCKY_southpaw, Wosley
12-23-2017, 02:17 AM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Tustin View Post
I made this little site after taking a look at the emblem editor for Call of Duty WWII. I noticed that the API has no authentication on other user's emblem data, so I made this site so you can search for a user on either PSN or XBL and see their emblems. The emblem renderer was taken directly from the editor itself so there shouldn't be any errors with showing any emblems. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get Steam to work, but I imagine that's because they only just got an emblem editor on PC; it might not have been included on the website yet.

The website is entirely client-side based and is open source. There's some janky stuff I had to do (mainly due to CORS) so it could be done completely in JS. However if you see something dumb in the code that can be improved, feel free to submit a PR.

Side note: In case you're curious, I did get emblem copying/stealing to work, but I didn't include it in the website. It was brought to my attention that something like this could harm emblem tutorial makers on YouTube and I didn't want to be responsible for that. If in the future Sledgehammer adds the ability to share emblems on the game then maybe I'll add it to the site.

Good shit, Tustin.
12-23-2017, 08:40 AM #3
Kronos
Former Staff
I made this little site after taking a look at the emblem editor for Call of Duty WWII. I noticed that the API has no authentication on other user's emblem data, so I made this site so you can search for a user on either PSN or XBL and see their emblems. The emblem renderer was taken directly from the editor itself so there shouldn't be any errors with showing any emblems. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get Steam to work, but I imagine that's because they only just got an emblem editor on PC; it might not have been included on the website yet.

Nice Tustin. good to see you still making cool shit.
12-23-2017, 05:29 PM #4
Without copying emblem its useless, because i dont have skills to make the good ones. Thanks anyway
12-23-2017, 09:46 PM #5
Sweet man!
12-26-2017, 06:08 AM #6
RTE
Keep it real!
still work? keeps loading for me
12-27-2017, 09:17 AM #7
don’t work ?
12-28-2017, 11:49 PM #8
Does not work. Ass
12-31-2017, 11:25 PM #9
Tustin
Balls of Steel
i fixed the problem. it should work now
12-31-2017, 11:59 PM #10
Father Luckeyy
Retired - Lead Content Manager

Nice work on this project big homie

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo