Post: Call Of Duty: WW2 Ditching Health Regen, Has Some Form Of Dedicated Classes
04-27-2017, 11:44 AM #1
Yaa
Depressed
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Call of Duty: WWII was revealed in a lot more depth yesterday, with developer Sledgehammer Games unveiling the game's release date, special editions, private beta, and first story trailer. Now, more details have emerged regarding the game's single-player.

According to Polygon, the campaign is ditching health regeneration, a system which has been present in the series since 2005's Call of Duty 2.

"You have to worry about every bullet," Sledgehammer Games co-founder Glen Schofield told the site. "You're not the superhero. You can't just stand there taking seven bullets, ducking, shooting again. It's refreshing for us to deal with recruits who aren't Tier One warriors, to show that vulnerability. They're naïve. It's been a really cool challenge creating this different kind of gameplay."

The original Call of Duty required you to pick up medikits to replenish health, while every mainline game in the series since has restored health automatically when you're not under fire.

In a separate interview with GamesRadar, the developer's other co-founder, Michael Condrey, suggests Call of Duty: WWII will have "several mechanics" where your teammates can help you out. One example is that you'll need to rely largely on one particular squadmate to provide ammo.

You must login or register to view this content.

"Certain members of your squad have certain attributes that can help you," said Condrey. And if you are in proximity to one of your squad members, and you need their help you can... it's an active ability."

This is to help the series move away from the 'super-soldier' idea, says Condrey:

"Part of being this squad and working together was about helping each other out in a very different way than in previous games. This is [you] relying on your squad, and so that was a mechanic where you can rely on your squad members to help you, and in that case--when you're low on ammo--your squad can share ammo."

What's more, Condrey teases that there may be times when you're separated from certain members of your squad, meaning you may have to change up your strategy--by conserving ammunition or playing more cautiously, for example. "You can be separated from guys with key abilities that would change how you play--if you're not with the ammo guy then you have less ability to replenish your ammo," he explained.

Publisher Activision has said the majority of Call of Duty: WWII's story will focus on the latter stages of the war, between 1944 and 1945. The game will also "touch on" things that happened from 1940 to 1944 to "help set the stage for the narrative and establish the characters."

"It takes place in the European theater of conflict, at a time when the Allied forces were finally starting to gather strength on their march into Germany. You and your squad will fight your way through occupied France, Belgium, and across the Rhine into Germany," the company said.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Insight ; 04-28-2017 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Added source.
04-28-2017, 12:34 AM #2
SlimShadyXV-
League Champion
This game is gonna be awesome. Thanks for the info buddy
04-28-2017, 06:29 PM #3
Yaa
Depressed
Originally posted by River
so battlefield ...........

No, Lol, How would that be battlefield? I never played it fully so I really wouldn't know.
04-28-2017, 08:50 PM #4
Originally posted by NickxD View Post
No, Lol, How would that be battlefield? I never played it fully so I really wouldn't know.

Would be nice if you credited your source for this.

It's like Battlefield because the health system and support system stated in the article works similarly on Battlefield. And also Battlefield 1 was based off World War 1 I believe. Sounds very similar indeed.
04-28-2017, 08:56 PM #5
Yaa
Depressed
Originally posted by Insight View Post
Would be nice if you credited your source for this.

It's like Battlefield because the health system and support system stated in the article works similarly on Battlefield. And also Battlefield 1 was based off World War 1 I believe. Sounds very similar indeed.

ah, Yea nah I never played battlefield so i wouldnt really know much on how its similar.
04-28-2017, 09:09 PM #6
Originally posted by NickxD View Post
ah, Yea nah I never played battlefield so i wouldnt really know much on how its similar.

It's too confusing for me, not my kind of game haha.
04-28-2017, 09:11 PM #7
Yaa
Depressed

Same here, That's why I love the CoD games, Just these past serious where shit. Hate jetpacks, In my opinion was Black ops 3 was the best jetpack cod.
04-29-2017, 08:19 AM #8
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by River
so battlefield ...........

pretty much
04-29-2017, 08:20 AM #9
Toke
PC Master Race

You must login or register to view this content.
04-30-2017, 12:03 AM #10
Yaa
Depressed
Originally posted by NerdyStripper View Post
pretty much

I think this game might be way better than battlefield as what I am hearing, But Who knows, Do you know if they said another BF was going to be released this year?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo