12-19-2012, 12:38 PM #1
iBr4ve
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); In this thread I'll be explaining what's known about the Black Ops 2 Zombies ranking system. I will update the thread with new information once I know about it. Please do reply or send me a message if you think any of this information is incorrect or if there is something you think should be added.

Ranking System
Players have to ability to rank up during the Zombie mode of Black Ops 2. You increase your rank by performing well overall and maintaining a high Kill / Death Ratio. Your KDR has a great impact on your ranking.

Every player starts with the same rank and can rank up 4 times.

Rank 1: Wooden Shield with 1 Bone
Rank 2: Wooden Shield with 2 Bones Crossing
Rank 3: Wooden Shield with Skull
Rank 4: Metal Shield with Skull + Knife
Rank 5: Metal Shield with Skull + 2 Guns

You must login or register to view this content.

You can see how close you are from entering the next rank by the tally marks on the top left of your ranking. Your rank starts with no tally marks and goes all the way up to 5 tally marks, at this stage you will also gain the blue eyes with the emblems that contain the skull (rank 3,4 and 5). After 5 tally marks you will jump to the next rank.

Deranking System
Performance: As mentioned above, your KDR has a great impact on your ranking. When your KDR goes down and / or you perform below your average, your rank will go down. How much it goes down by depends entirely on how poorly you performed. Don't look surprised when you lose a few tally marks at a time.

Time: When you don't play Zombies mode for a 24 period you will start losing your ranking. The rate at which you lose your ranking is 1 tally mark per 24 hour period. It is possible to lose your main ranking & tally marks.

For example: Say your current rank is the Shield with Skull and 4 tally marks. If you go don't play the Zombies mode for 24 hours, you will drop down to Shield with Skull and 3 tally marks. If you don't play for another 4 days, you will only drop down to the Skull with Shield and 0 tally marks. You won't drop down to the Shield with the Crossing Bones.

The ranking system is updated at 12 AM GMT (7 PM EST). This is the exact time you will lose a tally mark if you haven't played for 24 hours.

Updated [12/20/12]: You CAN loose your main rank if you loose all your tally marks. (Thanks Jake)

Official Thread: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by iBr4ve ; 12-20-2012 at 09:14 AM.

The following user thanked iBr4ve for this useful post:

BlanCrossed
12-20-2012, 08:13 PM #11
makes sense thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

would really like it though if you didnt have to keep playing to keep your rank...
12-20-2012, 11:39 PM #12
REAPx Fr3nzy
Do a barrel roll!
This is helpful. I've been at Skull with Blue Eyes, and five tallies, for days now!
12-21-2012, 12:29 PM #13
Im Your Upgrade
Vault dweller
Originally posted by iBr4ve View Post
In this thread I'll be explaining what's known about the Black Ops 2 Zombies ranking system. I will update the thread with new information once I know about it. Please do reply or send me a message if you think any of this information is incorrect or if there is something you think should be added.

Ranking System
Players have to ability to rank up during the Zombie mode of Black Ops 2. You increase your rank by performing well overall and maintaining a high Kill / Death Ratio. Your KDR has a great impact on your ranking.

Every player starts with the same rank and can rank up 4 times.

Rank 1: Wooden Shield with 1 Bone
Rank 2: Wooden Shield with 2 Bones Crossing
Rank 3: Wooden Shield with Skull
Rank 4: Metal Shield with Skull + Knife
Rank 5: Metal Shield with Skull + 2 Guns

You must login or register to view this content.

You can see how close you are from entering the next rank by the tally marks on the top left of your ranking. Your rank starts with no tally marks and goes all the way up to 5 tally marks, at this stage you will also gain the blue eyes with the emblems that contain the skull (rank 3,4 and 5). After 5 tally marks you will jump to the next rank.

Deranking System
Performance: As mentioned above, your KDR has a great impact on your ranking. When your KDR goes down and / or you perform below your average, your rank will go down. How much it goes down by depends entirely on how poorly you performed. Don't look surprised when you lose a few tally marks at a time.

Time: When you don't play Zombies mode for a 24 period you will start losing your ranking. The rate at which you lose your ranking is 1 tally mark per 24 hour period. It is possible to lose your main ranking & tally marks.

For example: Say your current rank is the Shield with Skull and 4 tally marks. If you go don't play the Zombies mode for 24 hours, you will drop down to Shield with Skull and 3 tally marks. If you don't play for another 4 days, you will only drop down to the Skull with Shield and 0 tally marks. You won't drop down to the Shield with the Crossing Bones.

The ranking system is updated at 12 AM GMT (7 PM EST). This is the exact time you will lose a tally mark if you haven't played for 24 hours.

Updated [12/20/12]: You CAN loose your main rank if you loose all your tally marks. (Thanks Jake)

Official Thread: You must login or register to view this content.

tally marks have nothing to do with ranking up its just for blue eyes, i ranked up to the knife when i had 1 tally mark and you don't get tally marks taken off you by going down heaps, you lose your actual rank and go down to the other rank, you never lose tally marks unless you don't play and you actually don't lose your MAIN rank for losing all tally marks, you only lose blue eyes when you don't have 5 tally marks
12-21-2012, 01:10 PM #14
iBr4ve
Do a barrel roll!
No, I just lost one tally mark today for not playing for 24 hours. Yes you do lose your main ranking if you loose all your tally marks. I checked that with a couple of my friends, that's why I confirmed it on the thread.
12-21-2012, 03:21 PM #15
xX____BMX____Xx
youtube.com/eggncheezy
this is good information in all but, no one knows the exact kd/revives/downs/kills/doors open for each rank, that information would be greatly helpful
12-21-2012, 05:06 PM #16
Thank you this is very helpful!
12-21-2012, 05:52 PM #17
Jakeyy
Expect the unexpected!
Originally posted by Clanor View Post
Yeah I usually got another tally after two or three games but I haven't got two tallys in one day before, now I've like 23k kills and 1.70 k/d I'll see when I'll get my shotguns.

I just had the weirdest thing happen, Last time I played I was No blue Eyes 4 Tally, that was 2 days ago, come on today and get blue Eyes 5 tally :confused:
I have like 246 deaths, and have 16379 kills which gives me a 66k/d
Last edited by Jakeyy ; 12-21-2012 at 05:54 PM.
12-21-2012, 06:08 PM #18
iBr4ve
Do a barrel roll!
Treyarch really has to release a thread on their forums or give tell us how this zombies ranking system works. No one has all the information!
12-22-2012, 02:49 PM #19
Hawkin
Lord of the Undead
Originally posted by Im
tally marks have nothing to do with ranking up its just for blue eyes, i ranked up to the knife when i had 1 tally mark and you don't get tally marks taken off you by going down heaps, you lose your actual rank and go down to the other rank, you never lose tally marks unless you don't play and you actually don't lose your MAIN rank for losing all tally marks, you only lose blue eyes when you don't have 5 tally marks

I Decided to go on my other account and test this ranking system. I had never played BO2 on this account before and I got to the knife rank, and 2 ticks in 6 games over 5 of the game days outlined here. I played only Tranzit. In public matches. I had a 300+ Kill/Down ratio. I think some of this post is right. I think you can rank up only once per game day. I think you can only either get a icon rank up or a tick. If you meet the K/D requirement you rank up your icon, if not you can get a tick (not sure what you need to do to earn a tick).
I think the main formula for ranking up your icon though is something like this.

Kills / (Downs - (Revives/2))

Revives definitely have a factor in the formula. Headshots accuracy and distance traveled may also play a

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo