Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
THREAD: Programming 'requests' sub-forum.
  1. 11-28-2016, 08:28 AM
    Winter
    Purple God
    Winter
    Purple God
    NextGenUpdate
    Since I'm currently working to become sec mod, I would like the section I work in to be kept clean.*

I want to create a programming requests where people can request a program (possibly for free since money could complicate things,
    this choice is at the admins discretion) to be made in a language such as C# or Java. *

-- Also, a Python sub-forum would be great.
    Last edited by Winter; 11-28-2016 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Added Python

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Winter For This Useful Post:

, , ,

3. 11-29-2016, 12:29 AM
    Winter
    Purple God
    Winter
    Purple God
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Specter View Post
    Programming requests I like. We talked over a Python sub-forum a while ago iirc, and decided it wouldn't be too viable because there aren't enough threads created to constitute a purpose. Also, #Winter4Sectional!
    Yeah, that's fair. It's just that the "Other Languages" sub-forum is pretty much just Python. It's just an idea. It's better to brain-storm than sit here doing nothing and not even contemplate on what to do.
  4. 11-29-2016, 12:38 AM
    Oneup
    Master Race
    Oneup
    Master Race
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    The goal is activity here, JB. Adding the sub-forum would be of no resource loss to NGU and we can add rules in place for such problems. And even if it is "make me a skype tool" or "make me an rtm tool" it IS activity in the section, even if it is request based.
    For someone who wants to be staff you couldn't even handle doing a multi quote and instead quad posted so good job on that one.
    The idea of adding more sections does nothing. You realisitically would be the only person posting in those sections. There is already a pretty big fragmentation in languages people use. I know perl and ruby does that mean we should have sections on those? No it would be stupid to do that. If there isn't a section for it then it belongs in the general programming forum that holds the sub forums we have. People want something made? That already exists:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That's the catch all.
  5. 11-30-2016, 09:38 PM
    JB
    Remember, no Russian
    JB
    Remember, no Russian
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    The goal is activity here, JB. Adding the sub-forum would be of no resource loss to NGU and we can add rules in place for such problems. And even if it is "make me a skype tool" or "make me an rtm tool" it IS activity in the section, even if it is request based.
    Sorry I can only see this section being used for all the wrong reasons, plus there's just not enough want for the section, how much is it realistically going to be used? Adding sections for one person's benefit is pointless, and there's already the programming inquiries forum as Oneup stated where people can ask for help. I just don't think there's any point in adding it, let alone a want for it in the community.

Also yeah sure there's no "resource" lost, I totally agree, but when there's a section that's practically dead/not being used and in an active userbase of maybe 5k members there's only 3 people posting in the forum, it looks dreadful to the outside. Nothing more offputting to new members than dead sections.
    Last edited by JB; 11-30-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3