THREAD: Approve Every Site Suggestion
  1. 12-14-2016, 01:02 PM
    YouAppreciateMe
    I Be That Pretty Mother****er
    YouAppreciateMe
    NextGenUpdate
    Admins you need to approve every site suggestion cause, y'all need anything to keep this forum from dying. Even the long time members know this forum is dying this is what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket(PS3 Modding/COD) Please don't say the forums are active Out of every site suggestion there has to be that could save this forum. Right now NGU is just like "Old Yeller" we only need a BoxHead like to finish it off

P.S Jesse Stop Deleting Every Thread You See Damn Man
    Last edited by xJustJesse; 12-20-2016 at 11:08 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YouAppreciateMe For This Useful Post:

3. 12-21-2016, 12:03 AM
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    Agreed. Nowadays, the only people active are people who were members from years back and others who have dedicated a bit of money/time, such as former staff. If you've spent a good amount of time on the site, being quite active and all, chances are you won't leave compared to if you were a person who wasn't active and was just here for the tools. Modding is dying and unfortunately, that's pretty much all NGU has to offer. Our coding scene is a bit weak and so is pretty much everything else.
    Hmm, people aren't realizing that PS4 modding is already bringing a huge amount of traffic to NGU, and will keep bringing more traffic as more reputable programmers began testing out their own 1.76's. I mean look, we already have a mod menu and RTM tool for GTA V on the PS4. I'm sure people are still hard at work with save resigning/editing which when does come out, would boost traffic here from both modders and legitimate users (look how many saves we have just in the PS3 section). We have people like SC58, Beach, Specter, Passion, and even content creators looking into the PS4 scene, and we've seen the trophy unlock tool in Advanced Warfare. Right now, it's important for NGU to be on-top of the PS4 scene, and not be out-competed by other forums like TTG or PS3HAX. With that, when people mock GTA for being such a high traffic section on here, spite its age, they fail to see that current-gen modding will bring even more attention to GTA V, BO3, IW, and Modern Warfare 4 Remastered.

Originally Posted by ⛄Slothy Claus⛄ View Post
    I'm pretty sure that having a PSN bomber on NGU would cause many legal issues so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

as for the IM chat it's hard to find a stable IM plugin for VB since most are either outdated or super exploitable and writing a IM chat can be very time consuming and can also lead to exploits.

Although I think it is being looked in to .
    While I wouldn't say "approve all the site suggestions", I believe there are a few that deserve special effort over others, such as the awards-system. Other forums have it, and NGU lacks it. I know it requires hella programming, but it's been some years since they said it would come to NGU. I mean, I've seen the rewards in modcp, and they look nice so far, but it's like that 'Archive' link in shoutbox: "Coming Soon TM"...besides that, yeah, it'd be nice if NGU put up the theme switcher, so people can switch between a variety of themes through a scroll list in a tab, and not be stuck choosing the default or dark theme, or using Stylish.
  4. 12-21-2016, 02:14 PM
    Oneup
    Master Race
    Oneup
    Master Race
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Tustin View Post
    > Made something from scratch that was suggested: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    > Asked others what they thought of it
    > No one wanted it

Maybe if we had sensible and useful things actually suggested then I'd add more stuff
    People even said it was a stupid idea and waste of time. Why spend any time on something like that? It does nothing for the site when people are banning themselves for whatever reason
  5. 12-21-2016, 04:00 PM
    MEGALELZ
    Senior Management
    MEGALELZ
    Senior Management
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Maniacal Madman View Post
    I'm still all for the elite only IM chat feature I mentioned a while back.
    Also a integrated pns bomber for the site would be neat. Possibly have it as a free add on for elite's only in the elite dashboard and maybe charge like credits to use to non elite member's.
    This is a prime example of stupid ideas.

We approved an IM Chat feature a while back if the requester found one that wasn't a bug riddle piece of shit - nothing came of it.

Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Hmm, people aren't realizing that PS4 modding is already bringing a huge amount of traffic to NGU, and will keep bringing more traffic as more reputable programmers began testing out their own 1.76's. I mean look, we already have a mod menu and RTM tool for GTA V on the PS4. I'm sure people are still hard at work with save resigning/editing which when does come out, would boost traffic here from both modders and legitimate users (look how many saves we have just in the PS3 section). We have people like SC58, Beach, Specter, Passion, and even content creators looking into the PS4 scene, and we've seen the trophy unlock tool in Advanced Warfare. Right now, it's important for NGU to be on-top of the PS4 scene, and not be out-competed by other forums like TTG or PS3HAX. With that, when people mock GTA for being such a high traffic section on here, spite its age, they fail to see that current-gen modding will bring even more attention to GTA V, BO3, IW, and Modern Warfare 4 Remastered.

While I wouldn't say "approve all the site suggestions", I believe there are a few that deserve special effort over others, such as the awards-system. Other forums have it, and NGU lacks it. I know it requires hella programming, but it's been some years since they said it would come to NGU. I mean, I've seen the rewards in modcp, and they look nice so far, but it's like that 'Archive' link in shoutbox: "Coming Soon TM"...besides that, yeah, it'd be nice if NGU put up the theme switcher, so people can switch between a variety of themes through a scroll list in a tab, and not be stuck choosing the default or dark theme, or using Stylish.
    This.

The award system isn't finished because it takes a long time to make one, other forums have it but that's because they bought a half broken plugin. At least ours will be a broken custom plugin.

But seriously, the only reason it hasn't been finished is because it's one person working on it in their freeish time at the moment. It works, but it's the automation which is the hardest part, especially for a forum of our size, a pre-made one wouldn't work.

Originally Posted by Oneup View Post
    People even said it was a stupid idea and waste of time. Why spend any time on something like that? It does nothing for the site when people are banning themselves for whatever reason
    People suggested it, the point he was getting at is approving everything and adding it is not the way to go, because that exact thing happens.

Someone requested, loads of people said "Yeah, I like that", he made it, and everyone then said it was stoopid.
  6. The Following User Says Thank You to MEGALELZ For This Useful Post:

7. 12-21-2016, 04:06 PM
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by MEGALELZ View Post
    People suggested it, the point he was getting at is approving everything and adding it is not the way to go, because that exact thing happens.

Someone requested, loads of people said "Yeah, I like that", he made it, and everyone then said it was stoopid.
    Also the reason we ended up with dead sections such as Runescape and Fantasy Sports (because someone, in particular, pestered for the section(s) to be made -- in hopes of being sec of their own section), and then people dismissed the sections altogether. That's why it's nice to see admin being cautious about adding new sections.
  8. 12-21-2016, 04:07 PM
    Oneup
    Master Race
    Oneup
    Master Race
    NextGenUpdate

We approved an IM Chat feature a while back if the requester found one that wasn't a bug riddle piece of shit - nothing came of it.

This.

The award system isn't finished because it takes a long time to make one, other forums have it but that's because they bought a half broken plugin. At least ours will be a broken custom plugin.

But seriously, the only reason it hasn't been finished is because it's one person working on it in their freeish time at the moment. It works, but it's the automation which is the hardest part, especially for a forum of our size, a pre-made one wouldn't work.

Common sense should have said it was a stupid idea. I don't even know why a thread like this is even being entertained.
  9. 12-21-2016, 04:52 PM
    Maniacal Madman
    Alwayz into somethin
    Maniacal Madman
    Alwayz into somethin
    NextGenUpdate

This.

"Stupid" is very subjective. I could go on a yap about rules and things implemented here that I believe are "Stupid Idea's" But your the admin here so do what ever you believe to be best for the site.
  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maniacal Madman For This Useful Post:

11. 12-22-2016, 12:47 AM
    YouAppreciateMe
    YouAppreciateMe
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Oneup View Post
    Common sense should have said it was a stupid idea. I don't even know why a thread like this is even being entertained.
    At first I made this thread for the lols and to see people reactions. I used to say it all the time in the shoutbox, but never got a reaction so I decided to make a thread. By me making a thread I'm getting a good laugh and admins are actually replying to the users of NGU. It's kinda nice to see everyone giving their 2 cents on what should happen and why it's not happening.
  12. 12-22-2016, 01:20 AM
    Gambler
    Former Mod
    Gambler
    Former Mod
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Also the reason we ended up with dead sections such as Runescape and Fantasy Sports (because someone, in particular, pestered for the section(s) to be made -- in hopes of being sec of their own section), and then people dismissed the sections altogether. That's why it's nice to see admin being cautious about adding new sections.
    Or the fact that we started the fantasy sports section at the end of the NFL season. so if you're talking about me fuck off, it was a good idea.
  13. 12-22-2016, 02:44 PM
    JB
    Remember, no Russian
    JB
    Remember, no Russian
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by ⛄Slothy Claus⛄ View Post
    I'm pretty sure that having a PSN bomber on NGU would cause many legal issues so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

as for the IM chat it's hard to find a stable IM plugin for VB since most are either outdated or super exploitable and writing a IM chat can be very time consuming and can also lead to exploits.

Although I think it is being looked in to .
    Writing any piece of code can lead to exploits. Just cos it's an IM doesn't mean it's any more or less exploitable than, say, a news system or forum page. Provided the developer puts the time in, runs many unit tests, and uses common sense, it'd be fine.

Originally Posted by Maniacal Madman View Post
    "Stupid" is very subjective. I could go on a yap about rules and things implemented here that I believe are "Stupid Idea's" But your the admin here so do what ever you believe to be best for the site.
    "Stupid" isn't subjective when it is actually just a stupid idea. Yeah let's go ahead and put a PSN bomber on NGU, let's see how that works out.. genius..
  14. 12-22-2016, 02:46 PM
    Maniacal Madman
    Alwayz into somethin
    Maniacal Madman
    Alwayz into somethin
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Writing any piece of code can lead to exploits. Just cos it's an IM doesn't mean it's any more or less exploitable than, say, a news system or forum page. Provided the developer puts the time in, runs many unit tests, and uses common sense, it'd be fine.

"Stupid" isn't subjective when it is actually just a stupid idea. Yeah let's go ahead and put a PSN bomber on NGU, let's see how that works out.. genius..
    Limit's can be implemented on a message bomber ya know