Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
THREAD: Approve Every Site Suggestion
  1. 12-14-2016, 01:02 PM
    #1
    YouAppreciateMe's Avatar
    YouAppreciateMe
    I Be That Pretty Mother****er
    YouAppreciateMe's Avatar
    YouAppreciateMe
    I Be That Pretty Mother****er
    1,266
    Posts
    83,865
    Reputation
    Aug 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    Admins you need to approve every site suggestion cause, y'all need anything to keep this forum from dying. Even the long time members know this forum is dying this is what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket(PS3 Modding/COD) Please don't say the forums are active Out of every site suggestion there has to be that could save this forum. Right now NGU is just like "Old Yeller" we only need a BoxHead like to finish it off


    P.S Jesse Stop Deleting Every Thread You See Damn Man
    Last edited by xJustJesse; 12-20-2016 at 11:08 AM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YouAppreciateMe For This Useful Post:

    ,

  3. 12-22-2016, 02:47 PM
    #21
    JB's Avatar
    JB
    Remember, no Russian
    JB's Avatar
    JB
    Remember, no Russian
    400
    Posts
    9,013
    Reputation
    Dec 2009
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Maniacal Madman View Post
    Limit's can be implemented on a message bomber ya know
    Oh yeah cos misusing a private API just once is sooooo much better than misusing it thousands of times. That's like saying killing one person is better than killing 10, it's still a stupid idea that would just land NGU in legal trouble.
  4. 12-22-2016, 02:54 PM
    #22
    Maniacal Madman's Avatar
    Maniacal Madman
    Alwayz into somethin
    Maniacal Madman's Avatar
    Maniacal Madman
    Alwayz into somethin
    802
    Posts
    3,419
    Reputation
    Aug 2014
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Oh yeah cos misusing a private API just once is sooooo much better than misusing it thousands of times. That's like saying killing one person is better than killing 10, it's still a stupid idea that would just land NGU in legal trouble.
    If a simple limit was implemented on it and some premade messages set so no custom message could be wrote. It's not much different than spamming someone normally through writing a message normally on psn.
    Plus if we wanna go technical here ngu allow's and host tools and menus that are made from otherwise private/illegal resources needed to make such programs such as the PS3sdk and other things not meant to be available to any one not authorized to use. all these sprx menus and stuff here have to use resources that could cause issues as well but I don't see no one complaining about that.
  5. 12-22-2016, 03:00 PM
    #23
    JB's Avatar
    JB
    Remember, no Russian
    JB's Avatar
    JB
    Remember, no Russian
    400
    Posts
    9,013
    Reputation
    Dec 2009
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Maniacal Madman View Post
    If a simple limit was implemented on it and some premade messages set so no custom message could be wrote. It's not much different than spamming someone normally through writing a message normally on psn.
    Plus if we wanna go technical here ngu allow's and host tools and menus that are made from otherwise private/illegal resources needed to make such programs such as the PS3sdk and other things not meant to be available to any one not authorized to use. all these sprx menus and stuff here have to use resources that could cause issues as well but I don't see no one complaining about that.
    Wrong. NGU doesn't host any of that material. None of it is contained on NGU's webserver. NGU can be asked to remove links to such material, but unless deemed so by a court of law, it's not illegal to display links to such content.

    Also, you're still missing the point here. Actively hosting and using/allowing usage of a script used to spam is not entirely legal. Spamming on PSN leads to bans, but to actively manipulate a private API into bombing many messages per second, even with limiting, is not permitted. If it was, Sony's PSN API would be public and well documented, but it isn't.
  6. 12-22-2016, 07:15 PM
    #24
    Oneup's Avatar
    Oneup
    Master Race
    Oneup's Avatar
    Oneup
    Master Race
    3,420
    Posts
    30,297
    Reputation
    Sep 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Maniacal Madman View Post
    Limit's can be implemented on a message bomber ya know
    Mass Spamming in any sense isn't legal. So yea it's a retarded idea.
  7. 12-23-2016, 06:59 AM
    #25
    MEGALELZ's Avatar
    MEGALELZ
    Senior Management
    MEGALELZ's Avatar
    MEGALELZ
    Senior Management
    3,340
    Posts
    55,461
    Reputation
    Jun 2008
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Maniacal Madman View Post
    If a simple limit was implemented on it and some premade messages set so no custom message could be wrote. It's not much different than spamming someone normally through writing a message normally on psn.
    Plus if we wanna go technical here ngu allow's and host tools and menus that are made from otherwise private/illegal resources needed to make such programs such as the PS3sdk and other things not meant to be available to any one not authorized to use. all these sprx menus and stuff here have to use resources that could cause issues as well but I don't see no one complaining about that.
    You realise PSN Spammers are against Sony's ToS, if we were to put it behind a pay barrier they'd just wreck us.

    Honestly, that's probably the worst idea I've ever heard, and someone just suggested keemstar smiles.
  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MEGALELZ For This Useful Post:

    ,

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •