Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
THREAD: Have I been scammed
  1. 12-20-2016, 04:37 PM
    #1
    2
    Posts
    30
    Reputation
    Mar 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Hi,

    I'm a 34 year old until recently my son who plays GTA lost him money on the update a while back , while scouring the web I cam across this site , there was a post by a guy called Ace his Skype is sunnyrap_14, I added him and paid $40 usd for a GTA account, my son has now tried to login and it says password incorrect, Ace is not responding via Skype or IM,

    I have sent him a screen shot of my ID, I work for a company called Convergys, we are sub-contracted with PayPal, i undernstand I have sent payment via friends and family and done this is good faith based on his rep on NGU, however memebers have now sent me messages to say he has pulled the same trick, I just want this resolved , can a admin please assist , i will have to either charge back via bank or PayPal can manually convert this to a claim via phone

    Here is a link to his thread, I'm abit gutted for son it's almost xmas and I spent this money in good faith now my son is pretty upset

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Regards

    An unhappy first experience on this forum so far
    Last edited by Barnzy1982; 12-20-2016 at 04:40 PM.

  2. 12-20-2016, 06:42 PM
    #2
    12,235
    Posts
    145,274
    Reputation
    Aug 2009
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Barnzy1982 View Post
    Hi,

    I'm a 34 year old until recently my son who plays GTA lost him money on the update a while back , while scouring the web I cam across this site , there was a post by a guy called Ace his Skype is sunnyrap_14, I added him and paid $40 usd for a GTA account, my son has now tried to login and it says password incorrect, Ace is not responding via Skype or IM,

    I have sent him a screen shot of my ID, I work for a company called Convergys, we are sub-contracted with PayPal, i undernstand I have sent payment via friends and family and done this is good faith based on his rep on NGU, however memebers have now sent me messages to say he has pulled the same trick, I just want this resolved , can a admin please assist , i will have to either charge back via bank or PayPal can manually convert this to a claim via phone

    Here is a link to his thread, I'm abit gutted for son it's almost xmas and I spent this money in good faith now my son is pretty upset

    Ace's GTA 5 Mod Shop PS4/PS3/XB1/ THE FASTEST CLICK HERE+PREMODDED ACCOUNTS R...

    Regards

    An unhappy first experience on this forum so far
    What you will need to do is post a dispute related to the account here: http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/disputes-section/
    Follow the template, Insight will handle it from there. I would also contact paypal to get your money back.
  3. 12-20-2016, 07:14 PM
    #3
    Ace Hood's Avatar
    Ace Hood
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    Ace Hood's Avatar
    Ace Hood
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    789
    Posts
    2,422
    Reputation
    Mar 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    What you will need to do is post a dispute related to the account here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Follow the template, Insight will handle it from there. I would also contact paypal to get your money back.
    Hello, I sold him an account I made last year or so, thankfully I had access to the email. I got an email on Monday saying the sign in ID was changed, however, my customer, in this case Barzny1982 doesn't remember the online ID, and neither do I. If one of us did, I'd be able to reset it by contacting Sony but they require the online ID. Sadly, the email doesn't have the online ID either.. Since neither of us could remember it, I've decided to just refund him.. I can provide proof of the refund.
  4. 12-20-2016, 07:21 PM
    #4
    Maniacal Madman's Avatar
    Maniacal Madman
    Alwayz into somethin
    Maniacal Madman's Avatar
    Maniacal Madman
    Alwayz into somethin
    802
    Posts
    3,419
    Reputation
    Aug 2014
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Barnzy1982 View Post
    Hi,

    I'm a 34 year old until recently my son who plays GTA lost him money on the update a while back , while scouring the web I cam across this site , there was a post by a guy called Ace his Skype is sunnyrap_14, I added him and paid $40 usd for a GTA account, my son has now tried to login and it says password incorrect, Ace is not responding via Skype or IM,

    I have sent him a screen shot of my ID, I work for a company called Convergys, we are sub-contracted with PayPal, i undernstand I have sent payment via friends and family and done this is good faith based on his rep on NGU, however memebers have now sent me messages to say he has pulled the same trick, I just want this resolved , can a admin please assist , i will have to either charge back via bank or PayPal can manually convert this to a claim via phone

    Here is a link to his thread, I'm abit gutted for son it's almost xmas and I spent this money in good faith now my son is pretty upset

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Regards

    An unhappy first experience on this forum so far
    Just some friendly advice I would try and keep business with service provider's that have a stickied thread. Sorry for the first impression of the site please know however this play's out be it a simple misunderstanding or a outright scam. Most if not all service provider's are very reputable and trustworthy. Since it's the giving season if you have been scammed you can PM me personally and I will provide a free of charge account from scratch to your liking on behalf of NGU.
  5. 12-20-2016, 07:57 PM
    #5
    Frosty's Avatar
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    Frosty's Avatar
    Frosty
    Olaf The Snowman
    8,674
    Posts
    65,411
    Reputation
    Dec 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Barnzy1982 View Post
    Hi,

    I'm a 34 year old until recently my son who plays GTA lost him money on the update a while back , while scouring the web I cam across this site , there was a post by a guy called Ace his Skype is sunnyrap_14, I added him and paid $40 usd for a GTA account, my son has now tried to login and it says password incorrect, Ace is not responding via Skype or IM,

    I have sent him a screen shot of my ID, I work for a company called Convergys, we are sub-contracted with PayPal, i undernstand I have sent payment via friends and family and done this is good faith based on his rep on NGU, however memebers have now sent me messages to say he has pulled the same trick, I just want this resolved , can a admin please assist , i will have to either charge back via bank or PayPal can manually convert this to a claim via phone

    Here is a link to his thread, I'm abit gutted for son it's almost xmas and I spent this money in good faith now my son is pretty upset

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Regards

    An unhappy first experience on this forum so far
    Can't say anything for Ace or GTA Modding section, but not all the forum is like this, Barnzy. There are reputable people on here, and it would seem Ace refunded you the money. So it would appear he did not intend to scam you. But like Maniacal said, try to stick with the stickied shops or checking out sponsored ones. Sorry your first experience on NGU went so awry.
  6. 12-20-2016, 07:58 PM
    #6
    Best Mate's Avatar
    Best Mate
    Dark Knight
    Best Mate's Avatar
    Best Mate
    Dark Knight
    4,008
    Posts
    5,616
    Reputation
    Jan 2014
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Maniacal Madman View Post
    Just some friendly advice I would try and keep business with service provider's that have a stickied thread. Sorry for the first impression of the site please know however this play's out be it a simple misunderstanding or a outright scam. Most if not all service provider's are very reputable and trustworthy. Since it's the giving season if you have been scammed you can PM me personally and I will provide a free of charge account from scratch to your liking on behalf of NGU.
    Ace Hood is a good person lol
  7. 12-20-2016, 09:31 PM
    #7
    Maniacal Madman's Avatar
    Maniacal Madman
    Alwayz into somethin
    Maniacal Madman's Avatar
    Maniacal Madman
    Alwayz into somethin
    802
    Posts
    3,419
    Reputation
    Aug 2014
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Best Mate View Post
    Ace Hood is a good person lol
    I never said he was not.
  8. 12-21-2016, 04:01 PM
    #8
    Best Mate's Avatar
    Best Mate
    Dark Knight
    Best Mate's Avatar
    Best Mate
    Dark Knight
    4,008
    Posts
    5,616
    Reputation
    Jan 2014
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by lil hoe View Post
    I never said he was.
    nvm. ok.
  9. 12-23-2016, 04:36 PM
    #9
    2
    Posts
    30
    Reputation
    Mar 2010
    NextGenUpdate
    Hi,,

    Thanks for the replies , he may well be a legit person but my experience so far says the opposite then for me to get random messages of other users out of the blue saying he has taken accounts back begs to differ , it may have genuinely been a locked out account but I don't expect to buy something for it suddenly be inaccessible after two days, if he knew the email was changed on Monday why didn't he contact (Wednesday) me as I had no idea it was changed , when an account is sold all he provided was a email and password, he would have been able to recover this via calling Sony as he "as the original account holder" knew DOB, etc linked to account so would have been the only one able to take back account, thanks to the member offering me a free account on behalf of NGU however I don't want charity , I just want an account for my son to use , anyone selling a ready transferable account he can use on PS4 I will gladly pay.

    I used this forum under a different handle many years ago when I had a 3.55 jail broken PS3, by god it's changed a little since then.

    He offered me a refunded after I showed him my ID showing I work for converges who are sub contracted by PayPal, after he called me a scammer!

    If someone can put me in contact with someone who is selling a GTA 5 account my son can use on his PS4 with no 30 day wait that would be great, unfortunately I have been burned in the "services section" so hopefully there's some genuine ones on here.
    Last edited by Barnzy1982; 12-23-2016 at 04:40 PM.

  10. 12-24-2016, 08:36 AM
    #10
    Elleusive's Avatar
    Elleusive
    Photoshopper
    Elleusive's Avatar
    Elleusive
    Photoshopper
    1,475
    Posts
    25,231
    Reputation
    Jan 2015
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Barnzy1982 View Post
    If someone can put me in contact with someone who is selling a GTA 5 account my son can use on his PS4 with no 30 day wait that would be great, unfortunately I have been burned in the "services section" so hopefully there's some genuine ones on here.
    I don't know if they provide accounts which are ready to go, and I know you're hesitant, but I've only heard good things about the services provided by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] guy.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •