12-13-2013, 02:08 PM #1
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm on the verge of just quitting ever supporting Infinity Ward again, I swear to God. The riot shield is a joke, as you all know. You die regardless with it. But my question is, if you have played this game on the PS3, do you die with three bullets, sometimes two, yet it takes a full fucking clip to kill someone else? Before any of you ******s say, 'no it's because you suck,' I assure you, I don't suck. My K/D stays at 2, and I'm pretty good. But seriously, what the fuck is the problem?

My internet CAN'T be the problem.

You must login or register to view this content.
12-13-2013, 02:39 PM #2
Alt
Banned
"I'm on the verge of just quitting ever supporting Infinity Ward"

Your problem is CoD is sh it now. Well it has been for a few years now.

The following 2 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

skaterboy16
12-14-2013, 03:30 AM #3
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
Originally posted by Alt View Post

That's not an answer. I was looking for a legitimate reason as to why bullets don't kill people on this game. :megusta:
12-14-2013, 03:50 AM #4
divybc
Former Staff
It's simply because the game is broken. I play on the competitive scene and I could name so many broken thing it's unreal.

The following user thanked divybc for this useful post:

12-14-2013, 04:30 AM #5
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by iTruceFret View Post
I'm on the verge of just quitting ever supporting Infinity Ward again, I swear to God. The riot shield is a joke, as you all know. You die regardless with it. But my question is, if you have played this game on the PS3, do you die with three bullets, sometimes two, yet it takes a full fucking clip to kill someone else? Before any of you ******s say, 'no it's because you suck,' I assure you, I don't suck. My K/D stays at 2, and I'm pretty good. But seriously, what the fuck is the problem?

Networking is a very complex piece of kit, sadly different companies have different standards. Each time you send data it can go any number of ways even if you're on the same street.
Two homes next to each other two different ISPs, same server it sends the packets (Data) too. You would think it would take the same amount of time along with having the same quality now?

Incorrect
One hit the server with the data being 60% right at 12ms.
The second one hit the server with the data being 98% right at 100ms.

Take another server this time the numbers 90% with 50ms, 97% with 55ms.

This is how the web works, it gets even worse when you factor in home networks which are often set up badly. It gets even worse if the route the data is taking is being slowed down by a 3rd party who network you're using.
Data can get dropped this causes even more problems the other end has to work out what is missing often it asks again.

Delays also change all the time you see my ping right now is 15-25ms on average however I seen it hit 150ms when a problem happens.
100ms is 1/10th of a second. The maths may be wrong writing this late at night :p

In a game like call of duty when you die super fast having a delay the same time as the TTKs, kills you. It becomes who sees who first and a game of chess. You must get everything on your terms because it's a roll of a dice.

Right now the game works on a geolocation matchmaking system with ping elements at it's heart. That's not 100% correct I don't know how it's done only guessing based on what I seen. I believe it uses a model which is pretty good picking your location, it could still be improved by picking ping more over location. Right now it's working on location and the best ping for that location, not overruling it for a better game with less ping. Same system MW2/COD4 used but with a better model.
If you look up my IP it tells me I'm in London which is incorrect given how a house on the same street can have a massive delay. Hope you start to understand how important matchmaking is when it comes to lag. Forget about lag comp it helps.

IW could improve the matchmaking but still issues at the heart of the game the super fast TTKs don't help or the limited game syncing. Increase the TTKs/Syncing would help reduce the effects of lag.

To be fair to IW the matchmaking system works pretty well not perfect but it's good for how many gamers it works for.
Anywho hope that answers your question.

As for your ping it not very good for the distance but ping changes.

Your net may be the problem in the end without route tracking you may not know.

The following 2 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

iTruceFret,
12-14-2013, 04:33 AM #6
DazedMods
Little One
I'm on the verge of just quitting ever supporting Infinity Ward again, I swear to God. The riot shield is a joke, as you all know. You die regardless with it. But my question is, if you have played this game on the PS3, do you die with three bullets, sometimes two, yet it takes a full fucking clip to kill someone else? Before any of you ******s say, 'no it's because you suck,' I assure you, I don't suck. My K/D stays at 2, and I'm pretty good. But seriously, what the fuck is the problem?

Just move on to Battlefield. I was having that same problem on COD. That's why I went to Battlefield.
12-14-2013, 05:30 AM #7
Jango
I love my kitteh

I saw this guy go almost double positive and have double c4 riot shield.
12-14-2013, 05:53 AM #8
Nick
Who’s Jim Erased?
it can be his Upload speed too it okay I guess haha
12-14-2013, 06:40 AM #9
NGU GHOST
The One And Only
Yes thats it bro for real i could not have said it betterTiphat
Originally posted by Alt View Post

12-14-2013, 11:19 AM #10
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by SAO22 View Post
it can be his Upload speed too it okay I guess haha

Online games don't require that much in terms of upload.

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

SuperGamecube64

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo