Post: Why are console hacks/exploitations so rare, and iPhone exploitations so common?
05-25-2014, 04:40 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok this may seem like a noob question (actually i'm sure it is) but I've been wondering this for a while. Why is it that the hacking scenes on the Playstation/Xbox platforms move so slowly, and meanwhile the iPhone gets a new jailbreak on nearly every firmware update. I mean, wasn't it considered that the PS3 jailbreak was a miracle? Jailbreaking the PS4 will probably never happen yet iPhone dev's already have an ios 7.1 jailbreak ready to release to the public. Is it just because the Playstation hacking scene is smaller compared to the IOS scene? Or does Sony have something that Apple can't incorporate into their software such as their superdooper ECDSA algorithm or whatever.

I'm just curious.
05-27-2014, 09:06 PM #2
Part of the reason is playstation uses private keys. Apple doesnt I believe.
05-28-2014, 08:07 PM #3
OGDistrait
Save Point
Yeah !!!!
05-31-2014, 02:50 PM #4
Originally posted by Vince
It's the hole's in their OS's and softwares. Apple doesnt seem to care as much because they make a boatload of money as is.

I don't use Apple but are the holes in their OS's and software because like Android you have lots of people that make Indie apps, games etc and in order to do that you would have access to their software which can be exploited? Whereas playstation, that even indie games were mostly created on another platform and then only the devs playstation chooses has access to specialized software in order to create games etc? I'm not a hacker so I wouldn't know.

Eventually everything gets hacked and I guess that trying to find a way into both the vita and PS4 will take time. The vita has been out for awhile now and as the PS4 was seemingly built around the vita may be why there isn't an exploit for either.

The only other thing I can think of that may have made the PS3 easier to hack is that it originally had linux on it. When a friend hacked my original xbox through a Splinter Cell save it installed linux which allowed me to use all kinds of emulators. Maybe that's all linux does but then alot of people got angry with the removal of linux on the PS3 and I doubt that was just because they couldn't play roms from old systems any more
05-31-2014, 07:58 PM #5
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
The reason why the PS3 has been jailbroken is because of a K value error which surpasses all security in the PS3 console. Sony fixed that which they still have a security to prevent the gaming console from being jailbroken. iPhones have many exploits in their system and they don't seem to bother patching it. It keeps getting harder to hack as iphone releases new updates.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo