02-09-2017, 04:32 AM #1
chroot
Gobble
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Title, self explanatory? In the middle of contemplating whether or not its worth my time and money. I'm 16 and have a console which Is on 1.76 I can buy. *Im not qualified by trade and this is a lot of lawns mowing worth to me lol. What Im wanting to know really is the benefits current 1.76 owners can bring forward, or is it just a walk of faith in hope something big happens, is released for the exploitable firmware? A statement? I have debug? Is reading/writing to and from memory,game .bins easily accessible? Are there methods to dump these like we would in ida with bin > elf for PS3? Hope I made sense, thx_!
02-09-2017, 02:15 PM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by chroot View Post
Title, self explanatory? In the middle of contemplating whether or not its worth my time and money. I'm 16 and have a console which Is on 1.76 I can buy. *Im not qualified by trade and this is a lot of lawns mowing worth to me lol. What Im wanting to know really is the benefits current 1.76 owners can bring forward, or is it just a walk of faith in hope something big happens, is released for the exploitable firmware? A statement? I have debug? Is reading/writing to and from memory,game .bins easily accessible? Are there methods to dump these like we would in ida with bin > elf for PS3? Hope I made sense, thx_!

Well 1.76 is the only firmware we know of publicly that has shown many exploits and many security holes. Modding has been possible, trophy resigning has been possible, and a ton more. Since no one has handled SAMU, decryption into spoofing to go online hasn't been possible. 1.76 is the only firmware that is actually been useful for a ton of devs worldwide.

Maybe in the future if we ever handle SAMU, it will be the main firmware to be at for the moment. Instead of that, stay on 3.55 and below.
02-09-2017, 09:52 PM #3
ZrBa
Keeper
i know that will sound dumb to you , but does "installing pkgs" mean that we can be able to download and play "unsigned" games in the future ?
02-09-2017, 10:46 PM #4
mikeyfnbrennan
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by ZrBa View Post
i know that will sound dumb to you , but does "installing pkgs" mean that we can be able to download and play "unsigned" games in the future ?

Yes and No.

Depending if SMAU ever gets worked on as games need to have I believe it's the licensing and stuff to be able to get online. There is things you can download and install though as of right now.
02-12-2017, 04:04 PM #5
ZrBa
Keeper
I'm a guy that is mostly interested in singleplayer games. Do you think I should get my hand on 1.76 now ? Or do you think i should wait for a while ?
02-12-2017, 06:46 PM #6
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by ZrBa View Post
I'm a guy that is mostly interested in singleplayer games. Do you think I should get my hand on 1.76 now ? Or do you think i should wait for a while ?

Singleplayer games? I mean GameSave Editing is coming out very soon. So no, if you're into single player games and modding them yourself, I suggest just keeping your normal console instead.
02-15-2017, 04:27 AM #7
rangehe32
Do a barrel roll!
I thought about buying one on 1.76 then barely use it till more things happen
02-16-2017, 02:09 PM #8
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by chroot View Post
Title, self explanatory? In the middle of contemplating whether or not its worth my time and money. I'm 16 and have a console which Is on 1.76 I can buy. *Im not qualified by trade and this is a lot of lawns mowing worth to me lol. What Im wanting to know really is the benefits current 1.76 owners can bring forward, or is it just a walk of faith in hope something big happens, is released for the exploitable firmware? A statement? I have debug? Is reading/writing to and from memory,game .bins easily accessible? Are there methods to dump these like we would in ida with bin > elf for PS3? Hope I made sense, thx_!

Hope that has answered your question. If you have any more questions, or feel like you want this re-opened. Feel free to send me a PM, cheers.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo