02-10-2017, 09:19 AM #1
Austin27186
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Is it possible to use a old router to boost the range on the ps4... For ex: could I hook a old router up to my ps4 to boost the range and connect to a nearby McDonald's?
02-10-2017, 09:24 AM #2
mikeyfnbrennan
Do a barrel roll!
Hmm I'd believe you wouldn't be able to

The following user thanked mikeyfnbrennan for this useful post:

Austin27186
02-10-2017, 04:41 PM #3
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
:dumb: No. Consoles are underpowered and weak. They're also not PC's. The PS4 can only receive a signal from a router not interact with it.

A router is also not a range booster. The range booster would need to be installed at the McDonalds.

Even then, MCDS internet is dog shit, so you'd have a super shit connection.

The following user thanked Cryptic for this useful post:

Austin27186
02-10-2017, 05:44 PM #4
Alt
Banned
lulwut

You must login or register to view this content.
02-10-2017, 06:24 PM #5
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Cryptic View Post
:dumb: No. Consoles are underpowered and weak. They're also not PC's. The PS4 can only receive a signal from a router not interact with it.

A router is also not a range booster. The range booster would need to be installed at the McDonalds.

Even then, MCDS internet is dog shit, so you'd have a super shit connection.

Nice explanation Gobble

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

Austin27186
02-10-2017, 06:49 PM #6
Jon Snow
Di DonDadda
Originally posted by Austin27186 View Post
Is it possible to use a old router to boost the range on the ps4... For ex: could I hook a old router up to my ps4 to boost the range and connect to a nearby McDonald's?

what you are talking about is a wifi extender, and trust it aint worth, they are about $30+ for them and the signal still would not be that great, you are better off getting wifi from a neighbor or get your own that would be your best choice.

The following user thanked Jon Snow for this useful post:

Austin27186
02-16-2017, 02:11 PM #7
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by Austin27186 View Post
Is it possible to use a old router to boost the range on the ps4... For ex: could I hook a old router up to my ps4 to boost the range and connect to a nearby McDonald's?

Seems like your question has been answered. If you have any more questions, feel free to make a new thread. Thread closed, moved to PS4 Answered Questions.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo