03-25-2017, 11:52 PM #1
liljon252
I am error
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); To anyone who this many help. I recently worked on a ps4 that would boot up just fine and after a few minutes it would have a blinking red light for a few seconds then beep three times and cut it self off. (Keep in mine this PS4 was give to me to figure out what was wrong with it.) Unit seemed very clean for its age on the outside. 1115A model.
Unit still had Warrenty seals installed.

I was carefully dismounting the unit. To clean it very well of dust bunnys if any. The unit had no dust what so ever as if was brand-new out-of-the-box. Upon further dismantling and inspection The fan plugged to motherboard was not fully connected there for fan was not running at all. After further inspection the plug was very loosefitting. Would come back Off with just a tap on the motherboard!!
I tested the fan and it worked fine. So I proceeded to dismantle heatsink to re-apply thermal paste. Factory thermal paste was Chucky and hard.

During reassembly I put a piece of tape over the fan plug to hold it in connected all the way. This unit has been on for 12 hours now with no issues on overheating. Sitting at rest on main screen holds 110°. When playing a game like GTA5 it stays constant around 120 to 125°.

My honest opinion is I think these units was poorly shipped from Sony to whatever distributor warehouse two other retail stores. As we know UPS and FEDEX aren't very careful shippers. Like they just throw them off the truck. If any of you have this issue and you're a DYI. I suggest taking a peek inside it may be worth your time and money saved.
Last edited by liljon252 ; 03-26-2017 at 12:14 AM.
03-26-2017, 01:14 AM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by liljon252 View Post
To anyone who this many help. I recently worked on a ps4 that would boot up just fine and after a few minutes it would have a blinking red light for a few seconds then beep three times and cut it self off. (Keep in mine this PS4 was give to me to figure out what was wrong with it.) Unit seemed very clean for its age on the outside. 1115A model.

I was carefully dismounting the unit. To clean it very well of dust bunnys if any. The unit had no dust what so ever as if was brand-new out-of-the-box. Upon further dismantling and inspection The fan plugged to motherboard was not fully connected there for fan was not running at all. After further inspection the plug was very loosefitting. Would come back Off with just a tap on the motherboard!!
I tested the fan and it worked fine. So I proceeded to dismantle heatsink to re-apply thermal paste. Factory thermal paste was Chucky and hard.

During reassembly I put a piece of tape over the fan plug to hold it in connected all the way. This unit has been on for 12 hours now with no issues on overheating. Sitting at rest on main screen holds 110°. When playing a game like GTA5 it stays constant around 120 to 125°.

My honest opinion is I think these units was poorly shipped from Sony to whatever distributor warehouse two other retail stores. As we know UPS and FEDEX aren't very careful shippers. Like they just throw them off the truck. If any of you have this issue and you're a DYI. I suggest taking a peek inside it may be worth your time and money saved.

Thread moved to PS4 Questions and Support.
03-26-2017, 04:10 PM #3
nay1995
The Master
To anyone who this many help. I recently worked on a ps4 that would boot up just fine and after a few minutes it would have a blinking red light for a few seconds then beep three times and cut it self off. (Keep in mine this PS4 was give to me to figure out what was wrong with it.) Unit seemed very clean for its age on the outside. 1115A model.

the ps3 had the same problems, cheap thermal paste, poor ventilation and loose connections, they always have been cheaply made, i dont think it has anything to do with shipping
03-26-2017, 04:33 PM #4
liljon252
I am error
Originally posted by nay1995 View Post
the ps3 had the same problems, cheap thermal paste, poor ventilation and loose connections, they always have been cheaply made, i dont think it has anything to do with shipping

Only reason i was related to shipping is i have seen over 50 reviews from people that got bran new ps4s from amazon that was delivered DOA or overheated after a few minutes. Cheaply made i will agree with. Shipping roughness don't help either
04-21-2017, 05:24 AM #5
Hydrogen
Super Mod

Has your overheating problem been resolved sir?
04-25-2017, 11:55 AM #6
liljon252
I am error
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Has your overheating problem been resolved sir?

Yes it has.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo