06-24-2017, 04:02 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Resigned Infamous Second Son save, loaded it up and nothing. Maybe we should get some nice starter saves out there instead?
06-24-2017, 05:27 AM #2
bmob10189
At least I can fight
Originally posted by gootah View Post
Resigned Infamous Second Son save, loaded it up and nothing. Maybe we should get some nice starter saves out there instead?

Just remember that most trophies require you to take certain actions to unlock it, not by simply loading a save that has completed these actions previously. Until you complete that chapter or pick up the last item no trophy will pop until actions are completed. Look for saves that are at certain checkpoints, instead of starting over, load the last checkpoint to a hidden side quest trophy, walk up turn in the mission n trophy goes "Ding"
06-24-2017, 12:06 PM #3
Originally posted by bmob10189 View Post
Just remember that most trophies require you to take certain actions to unlock it, not by simply loading a save that has completed these actions previously. Until you complete that chapter or pick up the last item no trophy will pop until actions are completed. Look for saves that are at certain checkpoints, instead of starting over, load the last checkpoint to a hidden side quest trophy, walk up turn in the mission n trophy goes "Ding"

Yeah I understand that, but mostly what's floating around here is "Platinum Saves" and not save sets. The whole thing's pointless as I see it. If I had to hunt down some piece of every trophy to perform an action, I might as well just play. I'm just saying the play saves need to go.
Last edited by gootah ; 06-24-2017 at 12:18 PM.
06-24-2017, 01:02 PM #4
jameshird85
Vault dweller
Yeah I understand that, but mostly what's floating around here is "Platinum Saves" and not save sets. The whole thing's pointless as I see it. If I had to hunt down some piece of every trophy to perform an action, I might as well just play. I'm just saying the play saves need to go.

Platinum saves are great when you only need a handful of trophies. They are good also for testing.
06-24-2017, 01:28 PM #5
Originally posted by jameshird85 View Post
Platinum saves are great when you only need a handful of trophies. They are good also for testing.

I don't really know what you mean. You're saying platinum saves are great because you don't get the platinum trophy? Isn't that the point of the save? And I've tested it, not working.
06-24-2017, 01:30 PM #6
Originally posted by jameshird85 View Post

I don't really know what you mean. You're saying platinum saves are great because you don't get the platinum trophy? Isn't that the point of the save? And I've tested it, not working.
06-24-2017, 05:45 PM #7
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >

Platinum Saves won't instantly get you the Plat trophy, unless the game is designed to read saves that way (which very few are.)

Platinum Saves are what people post up, when they get their own plat. Hence the name. The saves may unlock various trophies, if you do 1 of something, or collect a missing piece of treasure (assuming it's 4/5 things). That's all they are.
06-24-2017, 07:23 PM #8
Originally posted by Kyoshiro View Post
Platinum Saves won't instantly get you the Plat trophy, unless the game is designed to read saves that way (which very few are.)

Platinum Saves are what people post up, when they get their own plat. Hence the name. The saves may unlock various trophies, if you do 1 of something, or collect a missing piece of treasure (assuming it's 4/5 things). That's all they are.

If they had a missing item to get, I'm sure they wouldn't have the platinum. I know how saves work and what they can do. I'm not asking for a tutorial, I'm just making a PSA that it's pointless. After that I'm asking for more save set activity instead of platinum save activity.
06-24-2017, 07:35 PM #9
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >
If they had a missing item to get, I'm sure they wouldn't have the platinum. I know how saves work and what they can do. I'm not asking for a tutorial, I'm just making a PSA that it's pointless. After that I'm asking for more save set activity instead of platinum save activity.

And I was stating that's usually how plat saves worked. And I've made a discussion about this - You must login or register to view this content.
06-25-2017, 12:31 PM #10
Originally posted by Kyoshiro View Post
And I was stating that's usually how plat saves worked. And I've made a discussion about this - You must login or register to view this content.

Your thread is making the same point I'm making here, we're on the same team! I guess the info is out there and this thread can die. Thanks.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo