09-26-2017, 10:59 PM #1
xPurpBoyyx
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Okay, so. My PS4 is the CUH-1001A model and I've had it since 2013. I've cleaned the console before and all worked well.
But, today my console has presented an issue that I have a conclusion to why it is happening.

Problem:
My console randomly disconnects from any wireless network and when said happens.
All controllers disconnect and refuse to connect back even with the console being restarted a few times.

Conclusion:
My gaming router bricked from a bad flash blah blah blah...
So I have to use a 2-in-1 cable modem which is very old and slow and is very easy to have interference.

I conclude that it is somehow interfering with an unknown frequency and causing this.

or

Since this 2-in-1 is limited on features.
I have to DMZ my PS4 to achieve an open NAT on COD which makes all ports open for said IP, and some how possibly
being tampered with by an outside connection.

(Checked logs and didn't see anything)

or

There is just a lot of wireless networks around me because I live in an apartment and its somehow bugging the console
(But all other devices usually operate fine)

Conclusion 2:
My PS4 has damage to the networking chip from excessive use in the past 4 years.

Things I've done:
I've tried switching through my 2-in-1 wireless modes to try and isolate if that was the issue. (b/g/n) , (g,n) , also full (n) <2.4Ghz>
but the issue still happened.*

Tried changing channels, tried changing the Hz of the wireless network between 20 and 40. (Didn't help)

Used a LAN cable and the problem didn't happen (Can't use a LAN cable when my room is upstairs)

Tried resetting controllers

restoring PS4 to default settings

rebuilding database

Things I haven't tried:

Disabling DMZ

Can someone please help me fix this issue, it's hard to do anything on PS4.*

*If the console is Fxcked I can just do a GameStop trade-in for $140 off a new 1TB slim*
10-02-2017, 10:31 PM #2
xPurpBoyyx
Bounty hunter
Admins:
Please close thread.
I've sorted the issue myself.
10-05-2017, 01:25 PM #3
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by xPurpBoyyx View Post
Admins:
Please close thread.
I've sorted the issue myself.

Just to let you know, you owned a 1.76 firmware on this console since that specific model was the original firmware, lol. I'm sure you already have updated though. Well, nice to see you have resolved your issue, sir.

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

xPurpBoyyx

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo