09-20-2011, 04:43 PM #1
SwaaX
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I recently got a new Dell Vostro V130 from school. The problem is that the bios setup is locked with an admin password. I unable to boot from a usb or change anything in bios. I searched around a little but can't find any solutions. Is there any way to clear the admin password?
09-20-2011, 04:54 PM #2
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by SwaaX View Post
I recently got a new Dell Vostro V130 from school. The problem is that the bios setup is locked with an admin password. I unable to boot from a usb or change anything in bios. I searched around a little but can't find any solutions. Is there any way to clear the admin password?

Every motherboard has a set of jumpers, changing what pins they are on with reset the bios.

TO do that though you will have to look up the motherboard or post it here

OR just remove the CMOS battery for about 10 minutes and put it back in but other then that's there's no way to do it without actually opening it up
Last edited by Oneup ; 09-20-2011 at 05:01 PM.
09-20-2011, 05:16 PM #3
SwaaX
Haxor!
I don't really want to take it apart, isn't there any other way? Maybe possible to get master password from servicetag?
09-20-2011, 05:21 PM #4
Default Avatar
Oneup
I don't really want to take it apart, isn't there any other way? Maybe possible to get master password from servicetag?

Computers generally don't have a passworded BIOS, those are set by whoever owns it. In your case the school district. It wouldn't hurt to see if there is a default password but I highly doubt there is
09-20-2011, 06:15 PM #5
SwaaX
Haxor!
Yes, i think the school set the password as you said, but there seems to be a way to generate a masterpassword from the servicetag. Do you know anything about this?
09-20-2011, 06:24 PM #6
Default Avatar
Oneup
Yes, i think the school set the password as you said, but there seems to be a way to generate a masterpassword from the servicetag. Do you know anything about this?

Well I did some googling and this is what I got:
You must login or register to view this content.

It's not specific for your version but if you continued to look up something along those lines it could exist. Or you could even just try runnig it. Make sure you actually read the thread though.

Also you could try Dell as the password. That tends to be a backdoor password for the bios. Not entirely sure if that is going to work though
09-20-2011, 07:22 PM #7
SwaaX
Haxor!
Thanks alot, hopefully it works.
09-21-2011, 07:06 PM #8
Chrom3D
Big Sister
I recently got a new Dell Vostro V130 from school. The problem is that the bios setup is locked with an admin password. I unable to boot from a usb or change anything in bios. I searched around a little but can't find any solutions. Is there any way to clear the admin password?

From what I've heard BIOS passwords are one of the hardest passwords to break. Though bypassing it or something could work. I'll try look for you, or are you already done?

Good luck man Winky Winky
09-25-2011, 07:56 PM #9
SwaaX
Haxor!
No, i haven't had any success yet, if you want you can try searching around. I would be helpful Smile
09-25-2011, 09:20 PM #10
Alt
Banned
I'd ask them for the password, Would be easier then trying to guess/crack it..

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo