10-21-2011, 08:00 PM #1
xHeAVeN
I♥NGU
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I am thinking of buying my son a new computer for Christmas and was wandering if anyone who knows a lot about PC's could help me determine if You must login or register to view this content. is good enough for running games like Crisis 2 & BF3 etc? (I really don't know much about computers. :lolSmile Also would this be suitable for running emulators like Dolphin and PCSX2 at a normal FPS? If there is any other hardware you would recommend I get installed please let me know. Cheers:y:
10-21-2011, 09:29 PM #2
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
Originally posted by xHeAVeN View Post
I am thinking of buying my son a new computer for Christmas and was wandering if anyone who knows a lot about PC's could help me determine if You must login or register to view this content. is good enough for running games like Crisis 2 & BF3 etc? (I really don't know much about computers. :lolSmile Also would this be suitable for running emulators like Dolphin and PCSX2 at a normal FPS? If there is any other hardware you would recommend I get installed please let me know. Cheers:y:

whats your budget?
could you build a pc yourself/know anyone who can? - would get you better value for money

the pc you linked is pretty poor for gaming
10-21-2011, 09:56 PM #3
xHeAVeN
I♥NGU
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
whats your budget?
could you build a pc yourself/know anyone who can? - would get you better value for money

the pc you linked is pretty poor for gaming

Thanks for your response DT. I'm willing to spend about $800 USD on it. I wouldn't have a clue on how to build my own rig, only thing I've ever done was upgrade my RAM lol. With Xmas just around the corner I don't think I would get enough time to learn how, even thou I would prefer to build my own together with my son. Work is just to busy this time of year for me.
10-21-2011, 10:27 PM #4
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
Thanks for your response DT. I'm willing to spend about $800 USD on it. I wouldn't have a clue on how to build my own rig, only thing I've ever done was upgrade my RAM lol. With Xmas just around the corner I don't think I would get enough time to learn how, even thou I would prefer to build my own together with my son. Work is just to busy this time of year for me.

do u need everything for $700, including keyboard/mouse/monitor etc...?

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

look for a pc with intel i3 + HD6870 graphics card :y:

can build a decent one with those for around $600-$700,might find one pre-built

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked DEREKTROTTER for this useful post:

xHeAVeN
10-21-2011, 10:44 PM #5
xHeAVeN
I♥NGU
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
do u need everything for $700, including keyboard/mouse/monitor etc...?

Nope, it would be just the tower. I already have wireless keyboard'n'mouse and a 32inch LCD we use as our monitor.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Ok you convinced me to build my own, I was reading up on it and it doesn't seem as difficult as I expected. I'm sure I could manage it before xmas. I'll order everything in the picture and I'll get one of my nerd mates to help me out lol Cheers Derek, thanks for your help. :y:
Last edited by xHeAVeN ; 10-21-2011 at 10:50 PM.
10-22-2011, 12:18 AM #6
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
Nope, it would be just the tower. I already have wireless keyboard'n'mouse and a 32inch LCD we use as our monitor.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Ok you convinced me to build my own, I was reading up on it and it doesn't seem as difficult as I expected. I'm sure I could manage it before xmas. I'll order everything in the picture and I'll get one of my nerd mates to help me out lol Cheers Derek, thanks for your help. :y:

no probs, ive just recently built my first pc and its pretty easy - you cant really fuk up, just get an anti-static band

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

also, if you could up your budget a little this would be a pretty good gaming build

CPU
i5 2500K You must login or register to view this content. $219.99
Motherboard
ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 You must login or register to view this content. $154.99
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB 2x DDR3 1600 You must login or register to view this content. $49.99
Graphics card
ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU You must login or register to view this content. $164.99
PSU
XFX CORE 550W You must login or register to view this content. 69.99
HDD
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB You must login or register to view this content. $59.99
CASE
HAF 912 You must login or register to view this content. $59.99
Cooler
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 You must login or register to view this content. $26.00

Total $805.93

The following user thanked DEREKTROTTER for this useful post:

xHeAVeN
10-22-2011, 12:44 AM #7
Winning
Former Staff
looks pretty shady.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.