05-17-2012, 09:07 PM #1
caleb01
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Here is a list of math subjects that I plan to learn. What I want to know is, what knowledge of mathmatics is useful in computer programming. By programming, I mean anything from programming, hacking, etc. The subjects that have a star next to them are what ive learn so far.

Originally posted by another user
Basic Math *
Pre Algebra*
Algebra 1 // Im learning this next year in 8th grade, but plan to learn it over this summer

Geometry // I also plan on learning the subjects that are purple
Algebra 2
Trigonometry
Precalculus
Calculus 1
Calculus 2
Calculus 3

Computaion Theory

Real Analysis // The subjects in red I am unsure of :\, but am also a bit curious about
Complex Analysis
Abstract Algebra
Point-Set Topology
Set Theory
Logic
Differential Equations
Number Theory
Measure Theory

Category Theory

So far this isn't my entire plan. I most likely will not jump into some of the stuff below calculus 1, 2, and 3,
but I hope to be pretty decent in mathmatics. What got me interested in math was the ps3 hacking with the ECSDA algorithms...I find thoughs really interesting even though I don't understand them at all :\ . I've already figured out which programming languages I am going to learn, so now its just the mathmatics subjects I want to figure out. So if anyone is a mathmatician/programmer and would like to give me some thoughts on which mathmatics would benefit me the most and which ones I need or should learn then please post your opinion Smile!

Also I wasn't too sure whether this thread would be more for the programming questions section or the general section, so if a moderator sees this and would like to move this, its okay with me. Thanks! Smile
Last edited by caleb01 ; 05-28-2012 at 04:12 AM.
05-17-2012, 09:16 PM #2
i--DanieL_
Edgier than an octagon
You have a lot of maths ahead of you, like A LOT. You really haven't seen anything yet, the difficulty increases so much with Calculus 2 and 3. To be honest I'm not a programmer but I do love maths and I'm at the top in my year of 150 at the subject, so, if I were you, I would just worry about learning all this hard shit first.

If you ever need any help at all with maths then you can PM me, I'm more than happy to help people with it.

The following user thanked i--DanieL_ for this useful post:

caleb01
05-17-2012, 09:37 PM #3
caleb01
Little One
Thanks nice to know someones here to help Smile. What have you learned so far?
05-17-2012, 10:14 PM #4
i--DanieL_
Edgier than an octagon
Originally posted by caleb01 View Post
Thanks nice to know someones here to help Smile. What have you learned so far?

Everything in purple besides computation theory. I can't really name everything I've learned cause there is a lot but anything you come across in school I will have covered.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo