08-20-2015, 02:23 PM #1
Mr Smithy x
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Any android devs here or wanting to make android applications?

---Please move to inquires--- srry Tustin
08-21-2015, 12:26 AM #2
I-am-L
Haxor!
I've dabbled in the fine arts of lua and android...
08-21-2015, 01:40 AM #3
Mr Smithy x
Former Staff
Originally posted by L View Post
I've dabbled in the fine arts of lua and android...

Pm me, we should talk some more about our exp.
08-21-2015, 06:19 AM #4
Chen Madhala
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Mr
Any android devs here or wanting to make android applications?

---Please move to inquires--- srry Tustin

Hey ahh, i was wondering
What ide do i need to use if i want to start android devs?
And what langauge is that?
08-21-2015, 11:08 AM #5
Mr Smithy x
Former Staff
Originally posted by Chen
Hey ahh, i was wondering
What ide do i need to use if i want to start android devs?
And what langauge is that?

There's 2 routes,
Xamarin (C#) Or Android Studio (Java)

In my experience I used Xamarin for like a month b4 switching to Android Studio. It's nice an all if you have some C# experience over java. And it's really easy to switch if you wanted to jump to Android Studio because
java and c# are much alike. But personally i'd go with Android Studio. It has more support than Xamarin. The community for xamarin is really small and there aren't as much libraries for xamarin as there is for AStudio.

The following user thanked Mr Smithy x for this useful post:

Chen Madhala
08-21-2015, 01:28 PM #6
BISOON
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by Mr
There's 2 routes,

In my experience I used Xamarin for like a month b4 switching to Android Studio. It's nice an all if you have some C# experience over java. And it's really easy to switch if you wanted to jump to Android Studio because
java and c# are much alike. But personally i'd go with Android Studio. It has more support than Xamarin. The community for xamarin is really small and there aren't as much libraries for xamarin as there is for AStudio.

it will be nice if you make tut how can we become Android devs using C# with Xamarin .. by the way i saw your tools it's very nice keep up
08-21-2015, 05:00 PM #7
Mr Smithy x
Former Staff
Originally posted by BISOON View Post
it will be nice if you make tut how can we become Android devs using C# with Xamarin .. by the way i saw your tools it's very nice keep up

Yeah no problem, most likely i'll end up doing a duo(Android Studio & Xamarin).

BISOON
08-21-2015, 05:45 PM #8
I-am-L
Haxor!
Originally posted by Mr
There's 2 routes,

there is actually 3 routes you can also use Corona SDK and lua, which is by far the fastest and easiest to pick up. in my opinion
08-21-2015, 08:22 PM #9
Mr Smithy x
Former Staff
Originally posted by L View Post
there is actually 3 routes you can also use Corona SDK and lua, which is by far the fastest and easiest to pick up. in my opinion

I just checked it out. I've seen alot of the examples but it lacks the support libraries. It's pretty neat though
08-22-2015, 05:53 PM #10
Mr Smithy x
Former Staff
Originally posted by BISOON View Post

So I checked it out and I was building a sample app with the usual libraries i use when starting an android app and unfortunately, Xamarin requires you to pay to use Android Support Reference Libraries. It exceeds the project size limitations. So i'll only be able to do basic Android Development for Xamarin and wont go in depth with designing android apps in Xamarin. (Subscription Monthly: $25 usd)

So basically if you're on a budget, you might wanna learn java because Android Studio and all it's feature is free.

BISOON

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo