12-29-2015, 08:01 PM #1
thenastyman
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hello today i am here to tell you i am a programmer with little experience one of my biggest dreams is to mod a console games 3d model as i cant do that right now because i have little experience so im here today because i wanna look into a games code and see how they load a 3d model file and check the format so i can use that and reverse engineer it and use it to make a importer and exporter for a game i like, can anyone give me tips and pointer on what i should be looking for in the games code because i've been dreaming this for years now and i would really love to do this i now what vertices and faces and uvs and stuff like that are but i wanna know how to find it in a games executable and i already know how to load executables and stuff like that you know basics i just need to know what i need to be looking for, help would be greatly appreciated
01-03-2016, 04:38 AM #2
Devious
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by thenastyman View Post
hello today i am here to tell you i am a programmer with little experience one of my biggest dreams is to mod a console games 3d model as i cant do that right now because i have little experience so im here today because i wanna look into a games code and see how they load a 3d model file and check the format so i can use that and reverse engineer it and use it to make a importer and exporter for a game i like, can anyone give me tips and pointer on what i should be looking for in the games code because i've been dreaming this for years now and i would really love to do this i now what vertices and faces and uvs and stuff like that are but i wanna know how to find it in a games executable and i already know how to load executables and stuff like that you know basics i just need to know what i need to be looking for, help would be greatly appreciated

Thats alot of work my friend id learn how to make 3D models first so you can start off by looking up YouTube videos of taking a 2D concept art of a character or character you made (from photoshop) & use blender to start sculpting that character body part by body part. This takes alot of work im still in the stages of trying to have a good sketch in Photoshop of my concept art character. But I hope I helped a little bit. There is also something you can do with taking pictures of for example a trap house and taking that picture into a program so the program canmake a 3D model of the object you want. Of course you would have to edit parts you don't want. And also I don't know what program this is used in but im sure you'll easily find it on YouTube I hope I helped !
01-08-2016, 12:01 PM #3
Adrian
Adrian is back!
Originally posted by thenastyman View Post
hello today i am here to tell you i am a programmer with little experience one of my biggest dreams is to mod a console games 3d model as i cant do that right now because i have little experience so im here today because i wanna look into a games code and see how they load a 3d model file and check the format so i can use that and reverse engineer it and use it to make a importer and exporter for a game i like, can anyone give me tips and pointer on what i should be looking for in the games code because i've been dreaming this for years now and i would really love to do this i now what vertices and faces and uvs and stuff like that are but i wanna know how to find it in a games executable and i already know how to load executables and stuff like that you know basics i just need to know what i need to be looking for, help would be greatly appreciated

Thread has been moved to Computer Programming Inquiries.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo