05-25-2016, 03:22 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); si i made a custom tab control but it was a lot of code, can someone thats really good in c# try to minimize the code plaease

Download: You must login or register to view this content.

Virus Scan: Not Needed, it's Open Source
05-28-2016, 04:57 AM #2
Toxic
former staff
Originally posted by VadRe View Post
si i made a custom tab control but it was a lot of code, can someone thats really good in c# try to minimize the code plaease

Download: You must login or register to view this content.

Virus Scan: Not Needed, it's Open Source

What do you mean by 'minimize' the code? You mean make it shorter? You wont get the same result if i do :|
Also, put a virus scan since you got a .exe in the folder (bin > debug > WindowsFormsApplication10.exe)
05-28-2016, 04:37 PM #3
Originally posted by Toxic View Post
What do you mean by 'minimize' the code? You mean make it shorter? You wont get the same result if i do :|
Also, put a virus scan since you got a .exe in the folder (bin > debug > WindowsFormsApplication10.exe)

ok, if its not possible to minimize the code then you can remove the thread
05-28-2016, 04:45 PM #4
Default Avatar
Oneup
ok, if its not possible to minimize the code then you can remove the thread

You can shrink the code down a bit. You can write a function or 2 to essentially do all of this.

Pass the picture box as an object to the function and do your conditionals in that.
05-28-2016, 05:38 PM #5
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
You can shrink the code down a bit. You can write a function or 2 to essentially do all of this.

Pass the picture box as an object to the function and do your conditionals in that.

im not good enough in c# to understand that
05-28-2016, 06:57 PM #6
Default Avatar
Oneup
im not good enough in c# to understand that

I managed to get it down to a few functions. I suggest not using picture boxes with labels on top of them because it just adds to the complexity. I would just change those to buttons.
    using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace WindowsFormsApplication10
{
public partial class Form1 : Form
{

public Form1()
{
InitializeComponent();
}

private void toggleTabs(object sender,EventArgs e)
{
PictureBox pctClicked = (PictureBox)sender; //Get the object that called this function
string[] senderPosition = pctClicked.Name.Split('_'Winky Winky; //We want to know what the number is. On the control's name I put an underscore and a number to represent it's position
tabControl1.SelectedIndex = Int32.Parse(senderPosition[1]) - 1; //The tab control has a selected index property so we can tell it what tab to goto with that

}

private void mousein(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
PictureBox pct_mousedIn = (PictureBox)sender;
pct_mousedIn.BackColor = Color.Green;

}

private void mouseOut(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
PictureBox pct_mouseOut = (PictureBox)sender;
pct_mouseOut.BackColor = Color.LimeGreen;

}
}

}

Here is the new source:
You must login or register to view this content.

There are probably even better ways to do this but I think 20ish lines or whatever it came out to be is alot better than 1200.
This isn't fully functional and you may still need to make changes / finish the code.
Last edited by Oneup ; 05-28-2016 at 07:00 PM.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

NMT_VadRe
05-28-2016, 07:26 PM #7
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
I managed to get it down to a few functions. I suggest not using picture boxes with labels on top of them because it just adds to the complexity. I would just change those to buttons.
    using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace WindowsFormsApplication10
{
public partial class Form1 : Form
{

public Form1()
{
InitializeComponent();
}

private void toggleTabs(object sender,EventArgs e)
{
PictureBox pctClicked = (PictureBox)sender; //Get the object that called this function
string[] senderPosition = pctClicked.Name.Split('_'Winky Winky; //We want to know what the number is. On the control's name I put an underscore and a number to represent it's position
tabControl1.SelectedIndex = Int32.Parse(senderPosition[1]) - 1; //The tab control has a selected index property so we can tell it what tab to goto with that

}

private void mousein(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
PictureBox pct_mousedIn = (PictureBox)sender;
pct_mousedIn.BackColor = Color.Green;

}

private void mouseOut(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
PictureBox pct_mouseOut = (PictureBox)sender;
pct_mouseOut.BackColor = Color.LimeGreen;

}
}

}

Here is the new source:
You must login or register to view this content.

There are probably even better ways to do this but I think 20ish lines or whatever it came out to be is alot better than 1200.
This isn't fully functional and you may still need to make changes / finish the code.

thank you

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo