09-25-2017, 06:10 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello there,

I am a new member and I want to know what programming languages are essential for someone who wants to learn reverse engineering (extracting whatever type files). Is assembly language, for example, essential? Are learning C#, C, C++, JAVA, etc... required? And what language is best to start with?
10-07-2017, 04:28 AM #2
primetime43
Knowledge is power Tiphat
Originally posted by 98 View Post
Hello there,

I am a new member and I want to know what programming languages are essential for someone who wants to learn reverse engineering (extracting whatever type files). Is assembly language, for example, essential? Are learning C#, C, C++, JAVA, etc... required? And what language is best to start with?

Assembly language because when reverse engineering, you are looking at assembly code such as x86 or PPC etc.

The following user thanked primetime43 for this useful post:

Sloth
10-11-2017, 09:54 PM #3
primetime43
Knowledge is power Tiphat
Originally posted by NoRecess
Assuming you are wanting to do PS3 modding them PowerPC is the language PS3 runs on, aka PPC. But you should learn java or C# first if you are completely new to coding.

Haha why did you quote me about this and not him? :think:
12-10-2017, 07:45 PM #4
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by 98 View Post
Hello there,

Assembly is essential when it comes to Rev Eng. Here's a nice answer from Stack Overflow which should give you an idea of your answer. Good luck!

You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo