03-22-2009, 01:09 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Req- C++ compiler (my fav Visual C++ Express Edition)

TUTORIAL TO GET STARTED--
On how to get a new window to type basic codes into

If you find this helpful please +rep me

Step 1: Open up Visual C++

Step 2: In the upper left corner click File>New>Projects

Step 3: Then a new window will come up, make sure that win32 console application is highlighted, if it is not click on it

Step 4: After it's clicked on, scroll down till you see, "<Enter_name>" in two different spots, there you will enter a name for your project and solution. Make a random name that is the SAME for both spots. Then click 'OK'

Step 5: Then a new thing will come up, click next

Step 6: Another new window will come up, then make sure the following boxes are checked or filled in: 'empty project' and 'console application'

Step 7: Click finish

Step 8: Now in the upper right hand corner click view>solution explorer

Step 9: You will see the name of the project you previously typed in come up, then right click on source file(you do not need to know headers or resource files yet)

Step 10: After right clicking a little menu thing will come up, click: add>new item

Step 11: Then another new menu will come up, on the left you will see a subcategory called code, Click on it

Step 12: Then click on C++ file (.cpp) so that it becomes highlighted

Step 13: Then at the bottom left of the same window, enter in a name for your Program or Source code where it says, "<Enter_name>"

Step 14: Then click 'ADD'

Step 15: Wa La, now you can start to code c++, p.s. I like to close the solution explorer so I have more room
03-22-2009, 04:53 PM #2
I like the posts, keep it up
03-22-2009, 07:46 PM #3
I used to use bloodshed, I got to start doing more c++ again.
04-07-2009, 07:56 PM #4
Im still learning to do this....its hard...
05-04-2009, 04:58 PM #5
Prune
Do a barrel roll!
Nice tut. Think you could make a C# one? Awesome face
05-06-2009, 01:44 AM #6
WTF is C#?
05-06-2009, 02:02 AM #7
Originally posted by LordOfSpoon View Post
WTF is C#?

Also known as C Sharp, a more primitive version of c++

It was the language that c++ evolved off of Smile
05-10-2009, 04:52 PM #8