12-12-2011, 04:34 AM #1
gringo96
Little One
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); im am fairly new to the programming world
i was wondering which one i should try to learn 1st, just to get basics and stuff down
12-12-2011, 04:57 AM #2
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by gringo96 View Post
im am fairly new to the programming world
i was wondering which one i should try to learn 1st, just to get basics and stuff down

It's C, C#, or C++.

VB.Net = C# but C# gets you used to syntax usage, it make converting to things like Java easier.

Honestly, I started with VB.Net and then moved to C#, I'd say stay away from VB.Net and just learn C# to start yourself out. I'm currently in the process of moving to Java which is easy since I'm used to coding in a language that is very very similar is structure.

C++, It isn't being used as much, C# you can learn it and then get XNA and develop computer games or games for the XBox 360.
12-12-2011, 08:01 PM #3
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
im am fairly new to the programming world

Don't be stupid, start with Ruby or Python - especially if you're new. Java would work too, it's good if you're planning on taking classes in high school, as they'll probably teach Java as the first language.

The following user thanked Epic? for this useful post:

gringo96
12-12-2011, 09:32 PM #4
fill0botto95
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Sublimity View Post
It's C, C#, or C++.

VB.Net = C# but C# gets you used to syntax usage, it make converting to things like Java easier.

Honestly, I started with VB.Net and then moved to C#, I'd say stay away from VB.Net and just learn C# to start yourself out. I'm currently in the process of moving to Java which is easy since I'm used to coding in a language that is very very similar is structure.

C++, It isn't being used as much, C# you can learn it and then get XNA and develop computer games or games for the XBox 360.

why do you say to stay away from vb.net? (most of programmers say this .-.)
12-12-2011, 11:29 PM #5
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by fill0botto95 View Post
why do you say to stay away from vb.net? (most of programmers say this .-.)

Because VB.Net does not use syntax's and is a bad habit to get into.

VB.Net

If (Hello = Hello) then

End If

C#

If (Hello == Hello)
{

}

^Java is just like C# you see, there is a big difference.

The following user thanked Pichu for this useful post:

gringo96
12-12-2011, 11:57 PM #6
gringo96
Little One
It's C, C#, or C++.

oh derp :derp:
well thanks for straightening things out for me

Originally posted by Epic
Don't be stupid, start with Ruby or Python - especially if you're new. Java would work too, it's good if you're planning on taking classes in high school, as they'll probably teach Java as the first language.

ok thanks i will look into those. Im not even sure if my skool has them, im in the IB program but it doesnt have any computer classes worth anything that teach this... :\
12-13-2011, 12:12 AM #7
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
oh derp :derp:
well thanks for straightening things out for me

ok thanks i will look into those. Im not even sure if my skool has them, im in the IB program but it doesnt have any computer classes worth anything that teach this... :\

TheNewboston, he's good for teaching you the methods, arrays and such and how to do it, he has beginner, intermediate and advance then goes into android or game development, over 250 videos, give him a look if you plan on doing Java.

gringo96
12-13-2011, 12:29 AM #8
gringo96
Little One
TheNewboston, he's good for teaching you the methods, arrays and such and how to do it, he has beginner, intermediate and advance then goes into android or game development, over 250 videos, give him a look if you plan on doing Java.

okay, does he have a website? youtube? or a member on here? sorry im asking stupid questions.. :b
12-13-2011, 12:39 AM #9
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
okay, does he have a website? youtube? or a member on here? sorry im asking stupid questions.. :b

YouTube but he also has a website which is generally in his video comments. He does a real good job at explaining and he has more than one video series, he does PHP, C-Objective and such.

gringo96
12-13-2011, 12:47 AM #10
gringo96
Little One
YouTube but he also has a website which is generally in his video comments. He does a real good job at explaining and he has more than one video series, he does PHP, C-Objective and such.

ok i'll be looking at it soon

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo