12-13-2011, 03:27 AM #1
tycoon177
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Here is a PDF that is easy to follow!
You must login or register to view this content.
also Bluej is a good compiler/editer/etc

and this is a book that is definitely (leagaly) free You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by tycoon177 ; 12-14-2011 at 01:12 AM.

The following user thanked tycoon177 for this useful post:

Epic?
12-13-2011, 04:40 AM #2
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by tycoon177 View Post
Here is a PDF that is easy to follow!

Virus scan to the PDF, also just use Eclipse by Java. Well, either that or NetBeans, but I prefer Eclipse.
12-13-2011, 06:38 AM #3
yeah vs it, and i really want to learn java.
12-13-2011, 08:23 AM #4
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Originally posted by Sublimity View Post
Virus scan to the PDF, also just use Eclipse by Java. Well, either that or NetBeans, but I prefer Eclipse.

I'd say BlueJ is actually better for learning. I haven't used it a whole lot (and I doubt it's ever used professionally) but it's excellent for people learning to program in Java (and people seriously interested in object-oriented programming) - it's probably better than Eclipse for learning. It's slightly more lightweight and has a user friendly interface, plus it's great for looking at the object design.

As far as actually learning Java, I'd recommend You must login or register to view this content. - it's free (legitimately) and it's pretty well written. Plus it actually teaches people how to program correctly (for the most part) - it seems to be popular for AP Computer Science and first year college courses.
12-13-2011, 01:02 PM #5
tycoon177
Bounty hunter
Here is a virus scan with avg.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14079[/ATTACH]
If there is a better way for me to show it, let me know.
On a side note, i didnt know pdfs could have viruses :/
12-13-2011, 06:59 PM #6
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Here is a virus scan with avg.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14079[/ATTACH]
If there is a better way for me to show it, let me know.
On a side note, i didnt know pdfs could have viruses :/

As far as virus scans, you should go to a multi-engine antivirus scanner such as You must login or register to view this content., You must login or register to view this content., or You must login or register to view this content.. Just go to the website, upload the file (select "Choose File" and then select your file) and scan it. Once you scan it, post a link to the report (do not copy and paste the report, and do not take a screenshot - post the link!). You should then return to your original post, edit it, and paste in the link to the virus scan.
12-13-2011, 10:57 PM #7
tycoon177
Bounty hunter
I will post it by 8 or 9 cst. And maybe the legitimate free book would be better. Not sure, but I think this was perfectly free (leagaly) when I got it.
12-14-2011, 01:00 AM #8
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
I will post it by 8 or 9 cst. And maybe the legitimate free book would be better. Not sure, but I think this was perfectly free (leagaly) when I got it.

If you look at one of my previous posts, I linked to Java Au Naturel. It's free (and legitimately, legally free) - it's a pretty easy read, the exercises are fairly interesting, and it's popular for use in schools.
12-14-2011, 01:13 AM #9
tycoon177
Bounty hunter
Vs in my op and Epics ebook linked
12-25-2011, 09:45 AM #10
Here is a PDF that is easy to follow!

and this is a book that is definitely (leagaly) free You must login or register to view this content.

Thanks! I've been looking for somewhere to learn java for a while now xD

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo