01-10-2012, 07:29 PM #1
Konsole
A.K.A Konsole
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Before you all start to rant and rave that this is in the wrong section, I'd like to prove you're wrong. This is an eye opener for many of the NGU community, and once completed it can be put on your CV as another qualification.

Also, if this was put in the computer lounge it would be pointless as most of them know how to code already, so see this as an educational thread.

Easiest way to learn coding, without going to COLLEGE!

I've been searching around the web today, and decided to try and learn some coding, not like the BBcode we use on NGU, which is so simple compared to the code you could be learning, from basic Java to standard PC coding.

Key points to remember:

• This is designed to work around you, no coursework or homework
  • No deadlines!
  • It can be put on your CV upon completion
  • No need to attend daily lessons! It can be done as much or as little as you want!
  • ITS FREE!
  • NO DOWNLOADS!

Also, if you already know how to code and think that all this is easy! You can also apply for a home job for them! You can learn more You must login or register to view this content.

The whole website was produced by two guys called Zach and Ryan, who's names appear occasionally in the templates to help you learn. There aim was to skip the boring bits, that they learnt in their own lessons and just give you the fun parts!

You can keep track of your progress by making an account, which gives you your points scored, how many times you've needed to have a hint, and in the near future prizes will be able to be redeemed. This website has only recently been made, and has become very popular as it has had over 250,000 members register for the training, meaning big companies are backing the website too, companies such as; The New York Times, Venture and TWN. All which will be donating from time to time to reward you with prizes.

To get started just follow this link, and you'll be coding in no time!
You must login or register to view this content.

If you complete a class before another one is sent out, which is unusual you receive your next class the following week, (every Monday)

I hope this is an eye opener to many, and I hope you all enjoy it!

Konsole, :y:

The following 8 users say thank you to Konsole for this useful post:

-Daemon-, Alt, Docko412, Lavenous_Bob, Omshivam, Rokiz, soc18, xd366
01-10-2012, 09:49 PM #2
I've been interested in learning some coding. What do you recommend a beginner star with?

The following user thanked JimErased's Best Pal for this useful post:

F_S_M
01-11-2012, 04:58 AM #3
ic0de
Hurah!
You Rang??
01-11-2012, 07:39 AM #4
glitchplz
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by JimErased
I've been interested in learning some coding. What do you recommend a beginner star with?

learn a high-level language they are easier to understand because they have more similarities to how humans talk than a low level language. Try python or java
01-11-2012, 07:58 AM #5
Originally posted by glitchplz View Post
learn a high-level language they are easier to understand because they have more similarities to how humans talk than a low level language. Try python or java

Okay, how long do they take to learn?
01-11-2012, 01:51 PM #6
Konsole
A.K.A Konsole
Glad you guys are finding this helpful, message me if you need additional help!
01-11-2012, 03:09 PM #7
Alt
Banned
Very nice thread Smile
01-11-2012, 04:10 PM #8
Default Avatar
Nate
I have tried this website out in the past,
and to be honest I didn't like how the course ware was laid out, but I'm willing to give it a second chance.
01-12-2012, 11:05 AM #9
Originally posted by Konsole View Post
Glad you guys are finding this helpful, message me if you need additional help!

thanks very nice thread ive wanted to do something like this for awhile :y:
01-12-2012, 05:49 PM #10
ShinigamiUzi
Proud to be a Player
I"ll check out this thread again once I come back to UAE.

Nice Thread anyway :y: It seems it will get stick soon or later.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo