01-13-2012, 12:29 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hacking into a Password Protected Router Page

Magical Monkey

For what ever reason the day may come where you need access to someone's router page (Better known as the router set up page for Belkin users.), but it can be hard to do that when this router page has a password on it. So in this tutorial I will be showing you how to get that password and then crack the code in to a form that can be used so that you can log in.

Important:

• This was tested on a Belkin Router and has not been tested on different Routers.
    If you would like to confirm that it works on your router let me know.

• You must absolutely as far as I know must be connected to the router in order for it to work.

• I did find this by myself. I do not doubt that this has been found, but just remember who found it for you. Thank you.
    After some research this method turned out to be newer than I thought, so congrats to me for bringing original hacking methods to NGU. lol

• If you do this on a router page other than yours you could get in serious trouble.

• Some may argue this would not work because I have previously connected and successfully logged into my router page, but do not worry because I basically reset my web browser.

How To
(Belkin Guide)

Specifications of Tested Router:
Firmware Version - 5.00.12
Boot Version - 1.18
Hardware - F5D7234-4 v5 (01)

Step 1
Open your router page by putting your IP address in the address bar of your browser. (In this case I am using Google Chrome.) You should see your router page open. Click on log in for Belkin users.

Step 2
Then right click any where on the web page and select "Inspect Element". Then click on the tab named "Resources". After that find the file named "login.stm". Open it and go to line 82. (Exact line may vary depending on browser and actual router; see the photo below for more detailed information) On that line you will see a md5 hash code.

Step 3
Now take the code you found in step two and go to a website that will translate the code for you. In the example below the website used was You must login or register to view this content.

Now that you have the password you can log in. If rednoize was not able to convert it for you try another website. Good luck.

How to Find Your IP Address

Thank you tokzikate for putting this small guide on finding your IP address together.

1) Open cmd
2) Type ipconfig
3) Look for your default gateway

Example of output:

Originally posted by another user
Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :*
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3064:a541:92c:ef13%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.122
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::222:b0ff:fed3:f452%12

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter isatap.{E5FB5FB8-435F-4F50-90E1-CA3CFB0EBBDF}:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:3809:d8e0:355b:39cd
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3809:d8e0:355b:39cd%13
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

Tunnel adapter isatap.{ED49328E-2BDB-4F52-9500-8FC467B3673F}:

Screenshot Examples

Here are some screen shots I took after first doing this.

You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

Video

Coming Soon...

Default Router Passwords and Usernames

You can find a nice list of default passwords and user names for common routers You must login or register to view this content.

There was supposed to be a nice FAQ section here, but I have not received enough questions yet. Please help fix this.

I hope you guys have enjoyed this guide and look forward to my next tutorial that I will make soon enough.
Last edited by MagicalMonkey ; 01-13-2012 at 05:20 AM.

The following 3 users say thank you to MagicalMonkey for this useful post:

Boliberrys, SQUID-EYE, tokzikate
01-13-2012, 02:11 AM #11
Originally posted by Ese
ahahahha gay

Huh? Uhhh.... Right. As long as your happy lol. Happy
01-13-2012, 03:34 AM #12
The Clipse
Dame Los Nuggets Plz
Originally posted by MagicalMonkey View Post
Indeed it is. Though I try to avoid this word, because there is always that one guy who tries to say: "Oh. That's not real hacking... Blah.... Blah.... Once I (Place load of crap hacking story here)... Blah..." lol

And we can call that guy an ass Smile
Why are you going to come and show off? Either aid the thread or leave!! Haha
01-13-2012, 03:47 AM #13
Originally posted by 101 View Post
And we can call that guy an ass Smile
Why are you going to come and show off? Either aid the thread or leave!! Haha

I know, you nailed it. People must think their cooler on the internet lol Also I am almost done with the video. I am just having a hard time censoring my ip info in Sony Vegas. I'm new to it :P
01-13-2012, 04:29 AM #14
The Clipse
Dame Los Nuggets Plz
I know, you nailed it. People must think their cooler on the internet lol Also I am almost done with the video. I am just having a hard time censoring my ip info in Sony Vegas. I'm new to it :P

Why not edit your IP and just make a static fake one for the vid?
01-13-2012, 04:45 AM #15
Why not edit your IP and just make a static fake one for the vid?

Uhhggg... Find out as I am finishing the video. It's amazing that I find this exploit and then over look that. :P Thanks clipse I will keep this in mind next time.
01-13-2012, 04:49 AM #16
The Clipse
Dame Los Nuggets Plz
Uhhggg... Find out as I am finishing the video. It's amazing that I find this exploit and then over look that. :P Thanks clipse I will keep this in mind next time.

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier. Hey man, we all overlook those obvious little tricks when were on the clock :y:
And glad I could help Smile
01-13-2012, 04:57 AM #17
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier. Hey man, we all overlook those obvious little tricks when were on the clock :y:
And glad I could help Smile

OH HECK NO! I dont know what just happened but the quality came out terrible! Good thing I have a friend in the business. lol I'll have him fix me up. I'm using fraps (Full version) and the raw footage is great, but it's like sony vegas made it crap.

Thanks clipse for your feed back and help. I really appreciate it and if you ever need anything (That's reasonable of coarse) you got it.
01-13-2012, 05:01 AM #18
The Clipse
Dame Los Nuggets Plz
OH HECK NO! I dont know what just happened but the quality came out terrible! Good thing I have a friend in the business. lol I'll have him fix me up. I'm using fraps (Full version) and the raw footage is great, but it's like sony vegas made it crap.

Thanks clipse for your feed back and help. I really appreciate it and if you ever need anything (That's reasonable of coarse) you got it.

Try SnagIt, its a recording program and it works pretty good. Maybe that can get some better conversion results?

And thanks Monkey :y: I'll keep that in mind and same to you Smile
01-13-2012, 05:06 AM #19
Try SnagIt, its a recording program and it works pretty good. Maybe that can get some better conversion results?

And thanks Monkey :y: I'll keep that in mind and same to you Smile

Good to hear and FRAPS BETTER WORK! I didnt spend my money for nothing lol.... Oh wait I didn't spend my money at all lol Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo