01-13-2012, 12:29 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hacking into a Password Protected Router Page

Magical Monkey

For what ever reason the day may come where you need access to someone's router page (Better known as the router set up page for Belkin users.), but it can be hard to do that when this router page has a password on it. So in this tutorial I will be showing you how to get that password and then crack the code in to a form that can be used so that you can log in.

Important:

• This was tested on a Belkin Router and has not been tested on different Routers.
    If you would like to confirm that it works on your router let me know.

• You must absolutely as far as I know must be connected to the router in order for it to work.

• I did find this by myself. I do not doubt that this has been found, but just remember who found it for you. Thank you.
    After some research this method turned out to be newer than I thought, so congrats to me for bringing original hacking methods to NGU. lol

• If you do this on a router page other than yours you could get in serious trouble.

• Some may argue this would not work because I have previously connected and successfully logged into my router page, but do not worry because I basically reset my web browser.

How To
(Belkin Guide)

Specifications of Tested Router:
Firmware Version - 5.00.12
Boot Version - 1.18
Hardware - F5D7234-4 v5 (01)

Step 1
Open your router page by putting your IP address in the address bar of your browser. (In this case I am using Google Chrome.) You should see your router page open. Click on log in for Belkin users.

Step 2
Then right click any where on the web page and select "Inspect Element". Then click on the tab named "Resources". After that find the file named "login.stm". Open it and go to line 82. (Exact line may vary depending on browser and actual router; see the photo below for more detailed information) On that line you will see a md5 hash code.

Step 3
Now take the code you found in step two and go to a website that will translate the code for you. In the example below the website used was You must login or register to view this content.

Now that you have the password you can log in. If rednoize was not able to convert it for you try another website. Good luck.

How to Find Your IP Address

Thank you tokzikate for putting this small guide on finding your IP address together.

1) Open cmd
2) Type ipconfig
3) Look for your default gateway

Example of output:

Originally posted by another user
Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :*
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3064:a541:92c:ef13%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.122
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::222:b0ff:fed3:f452%12

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter isatap.{E5FB5FB8-435F-4F50-90E1-CA3CFB0EBBDF}:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:3809:d8e0:355b:39cd
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3809:d8e0:355b:39cd%13
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

Tunnel adapter isatap.{ED49328E-2BDB-4F52-9500-8FC467B3673F}:

Screenshot Examples

Here are some screen shots I took after first doing this.

You must login or register to view this content.

Video

Coming Soon...

Default Router Passwords and Usernames

You can find a nice list of default passwords and user names for common routers You must login or register to view this content.

There was supposed to be a nice FAQ section here, but I have not received enough questions yet. Please help fix this.

I hope you guys have enjoyed this guide and look forward to my next tutorial that I will make soon enough.
Last edited by MagicalMonkey ; 01-13-2012 at 05:20 AM.

The following 3 users say thank you to MagicalMonkey for this useful post:

Boliberrys, SQUID-EYE, tokzikate
01-13-2012, 01:09 AM #2
The Clipse
Dame Los Nuggets Plz
Originally posted by MagicalMonkey View Post
Hacking into a Router Page With a Password

For what ever reason the day may come where you need access to someone's router page (Better known as the router set up page for Belkin users.), but it can be hard to do that when this router page has a password on it. So in this tutorial I will be showing you how to get that password and then crack the code in to a form that can be used so that you can log in.

Important:

• This was tested on a Belkin Router and has not been tested on different Routers.

• You must absolutely as far as I know must be connected to the router in order for it to work.

• I did find this by myself. I do not doubt that this has been found, but just remember who found it for you. Thank you.

• If you do this on a router page other than yours you could get in serious trouble.

• Some may argue this would not work because I have previously connected and successfully logged into my router page, but do not worry because I basically reset my web browser.

How To
(Belkin Guide)

Boot Version - 1.18

Step 1
Open your router page by putting your IP address in the address bar of your browser. (In this case I am using Google Chrome.) You should see your router page open. Click on log in for Belkin users.

Step 2
Then right click any where on the web page and select "Inspect Element". Then click on the tab named "Resources". After that find the file named "login.stm". Open it and go to line 82. (Exact line may very; see the photo below for more detailed information) On that line you will see a md5 hash code.

Step 3
Now take the code you found in step two and go to a website that will translate the code for you. In the example below the website used was You must login or register to view this content.

Now that you have the password you can log in. If rednoize was not able to convert it for you try another website. Good luck.

Screenshot Examples

Video

Coming Soon...

I will have more stuff up soon so feel free to comment but know this page is under construction. Also I will have a list of default passwords and user names for all routers that can be used.

This would only be nice if you did not need to be connected to it so you can actually use this in a hacking situation. In this case you already have access to the network. And who actually accesses their router page? I'm sure the user was admin/administrator and the pass was password.
01-13-2012, 01:12 AM #3
Hacking into a Router Page With a Password

Important:

How To
(Belkin Guide)

Boot Version - 1.18

Step 1

Step 2
Then right click any where on the web page and select "Inspect Element". Then click on the tab named "Resources". After that find the file named "login.stm". Open it and go to line 82. (Exact line may very; see the photo below for more detailed information) On that line you will see a md5 hash code.

Step 3

Screenshot Examples

Video

Coming Soon...

I will have more stuff up soon so feel free to comment but know this page is under construction. Also I will have a list of default passwords and user names for all routers that can be used.

Nice thread, looks informative and well done.
Just a heads up though - I wouldn't spam the link of a thread like this in the SB. The likelihood is you'll get more negative attention than appreciation.
01-13-2012, 01:14 AM #4
Originally posted by 101 View Post
This would only be nice if you did not need to be connected to it so you can actually use this in a hacking situation. In this case you already have access to the network. And who actually accesses their router page? I'm sure the user was admin/administrator and the pass was password.

I will continue to look into this. This is helpful though if you wanna mess with a hotel guests or any place that offers free wifi. Also guessing the password is fine and all, but some people/ businesses are smart enough to change the default passwords.

Also thanks for you feed back. Every comment is one more step towards improving this post.
01-13-2012, 01:15 AM #5
tokzikate
Gym leader
thanks for the tut, but to find your router login page on windows add this:
1) open cmd
2) type ipconfig
example of output:
Originally posted by another user

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3064:a541:92c:ef13*
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.122
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::222:b0ff:fed3:f452*

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Tunnel adapter isatap.{E5FB5FB8-435F-4F50-90E1-CA3CFB0EBBDF}:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:3809:d8e0:355b:39cd
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3809:d8e0:355b:39cd*
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

Tunnel adapter isatap.{ED49328E-2BDB-4F52-9500-8FC467B3673F}:

edit: changed MAC addresses and the like
01-13-2012, 01:16 AM #6
Originally posted by Objectivate View Post
Nice thread, looks informative and well done.
Just a heads up though - I wouldn't spam the link of a thread like this in the SB. The likelihood is you'll get more negative attention than appreciation.

lol, thanks for the tip. Next time if I need a quick advertisement I will post the link once instead of twice. :P Or not at all. lol
01-13-2012, 01:16 AM #7
The Clipse
Dame Los Nuggets Plz
I will continue to look into this. This is helpful though if you wanna mess with a hotel guests or any place that offers free wifi. Also guessing the password is fine and all, but some people/ businesses are smart enough to change the default passwords.

Also thanks for you feed back. Every comment is one more step towards improving this post.

But those are the only practical places you can actually succeed in getting into their connections. Otherwise you would need to crack into their connection then try to gain access to their router and have some fun such as lock them out Smile
01-13-2012, 01:28 AM #8
Originally posted by tokzikate View Post
thanks for the tut, but to find your router login page on windows add this:
1) open cmd
2) type ipconfig
example of output:

I will add this and you will be noted in the credits that I will need to make now. lol Thanks. I guess I just assumed people knew this, but its better that I have it.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

But those are the only practical places you can actually succeed in getting into their connections. Otherwise you would need to crack into their connection then try to gain access to their router and have some fun such as lock them out Smile

Unfortunately this method has it's limitations, but I believe that with more research this may turn into something bigger than we thought. Especially now that it has been brought to the public attention.
01-13-2012, 01:35 AM #9
The Clipse
Dame Los Nuggets Plz
I will add this and you will be noted in the credits that I will need to make now. lol Thanks. I guess I just assumed people knew this, but its better that I have it.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Unfortunately this method has it's limitations, but I believe that with more research this may turn into something bigger than we thought. Especially now that it has been brought to the public attention.

It can, its called hacking Smile haha
01-13-2012, 01:42 AM #10
It can, its called hacking Smile haha

Indeed it is. Though I try to avoid this word, because there is always that one guy who tries to say: "Oh. That's not real hacking... Blah.... Blah.... Once I (Place load of crap hacking story here)... Blah..." lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo