Post: Need help with Whack a Mole Game (a visual basics project)
01-18-2012, 11:29 PM #1
Sleazy
xBlueBerryKush
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I am doing this for my computer programing class and I was wondering if someone could help me or do one for me I will gladly pay them for there help.
please PM of Quote Me
01-18-2012, 11:44 PM #2
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Chronic420Man View Post
I am doing this for my computer programing class and I was wondering if someone could help me or do one for me I will gladly pay them for there help.
please PM of Quote Me

If I had the time, I would help, but I don't.

---
If you are wanting to just create it out of the VB Application Form, you would essentially need 4 different generated content.

1 Stand still hole
1 Mole coming out and sitting there (GIF)
1 Mole going back in (GIF)
1 Mole getting hit, means adding a spat or something then dropping back down in (GIF)

You would be essentially using a random method, arrays if you wish as well.

---
Hopefully that gives a basis on what is required.
01-19-2012, 02:40 AM #3
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
I am doing this for my computer programing class and I was wondering if someone could help me or do one for me I will gladly pay them for there help.
please PM of Quote Me

I'll help you, but you need to provide some further specification. You really haven't told us anything at this point.

If you could give us the specifications for your project (and the full specifications) it would be helpful.
01-19-2012, 03:06 AM #4
Sleazy
xBlueBerryKush
Originally posted by Epic
I'll help you, but you need to provide some further specification. You really haven't told us anything at this point.

If you could give us the specifications for your project (and the full specifications) it would be helpful.

well its a final project and I am suck with this game it really basic vb coding no java.
I just have to make it work.
so i need to make it so the moles pop up randomly
and to hit it ineed to have a mouse click register when i click on the mole. im having a bit of trouble explaining it
01-19-2012, 03:13 AM #5
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
well its a final project and I am suck with this game it really basic vb coding no java.
I just have to make it work.
so i need to make it so the moles pop up randomly
and to hit it ineed to have a mouse click register when i click on the mole. im having a bit of trouble explaining it

Give us the specification that you were given. Preferably word for word.

Right now, we can't help you.
01-19-2012, 04:12 AM #6
Sleazy
xBlueBerryKush
Give us the specification that you were given. Preferably word for word.

Right now, we can't help you.

Select a project that is of interest to you, that challenges you, and that you can complete by
the due date. Ask Mr. Eliot if your project is "doable" within the time provided and at your
current skill level. More difficult projects are best for second semester.
2. Semester projects are due during final exam week each semester. Check the course calendar
for the exact date and time. Late semester projects are NOT taken for any reason.
3. Since grades are due at the end of the semester, students will not have the opportunity to "fix"
Semester Projects after grading is completed. Projects are graded once and only once.
4. Since every semester project is unique, Mr. Eliot will only be able to provide limited
assistance in fixing your code. Make sure you can handle the difficulty of your project.
5. "Scalable" projects are the best projects. Get a simple version of the program running
FIRST, then add features and capabilities as time permits..
6. You must sign up in advance, as quickly as possible, for your semester project. Every project
must be unique, and should not be similar to any previous assignments we completed in
class. The final project should match the original idea as written on the project signup sheet.
7. Semester projects should consist of code written by the student and created specifically for
the project. There may be occasional small amounts of code from other sources, but the vast
majority of code should be written by the student exclusively for this project.
8. All outside code sources and outside assistance must be explicitly cited within the program to
receive credit. Projects created with substantial amounts of code from other sources
(including the Internet) will result in a zero grade on the assignment.
9. To receive a higher grade, a project must be complete and run without error.
10. The receive full credit, the uploaded .ZIP file must include all files necessary to grade the
assignment. Any missing files that do not allow the project to run correctly will count
against the project grade.
those were the guidelines. but i chose whack a mole and it turned out to be difficult for me.
01-19-2012, 09:15 AM #7
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Select a project that is of interest to you, that challenges you, and that you can complete by
the due date. Ask Mr. Eliot if your project is "doable" within the time provided and at your
current skill level. More difficult projects are best for second semester.
2. Semester projects are due during final exam week each semester. Check the course calendar
for the exact date and time. Late semester projects are NOT taken for any reason.
3. Since grades are due at the end of the semester, students will not have the opportunity to "fix"
Semester Projects after grading is completed. Projects are graded once and only once.
4. Since every semester project is unique, Mr. Eliot will only be able to provide limited
assistance in fixing your code. Make sure you can handle the difficulty of your project.
5. "Scalable" projects are the best projects. Get a simple version of the program running
FIRST, then add features and capabilities as time permits..
6. You must sign up in advance, as quickly as possible, for your semester project. Every project
must be unique, and should not be similar to any previous assignments we completed in
class. The final project should match the original idea as written on the project signup sheet.
7. Semester projects should consist of code written by the student and created specifically for
the project. There may be occasional small amounts of code from other sources, but the vast
majority of code should be written by the student exclusively for this project.
8. All outside code sources and outside assistance must be explicitly cited within the program to
receive credit. Projects created with substantial amounts of code from other sources
(including the Internet) will result in a zero grade on the assignment.
9. To receive a higher grade, a project must be complete and run without error.
10. The receive full credit, the uploaded .ZIP file must include all files necessary to grade the
assignment. Any missing files that do not allow the project to run correctly will count
against the project grade.
those were the guidelines. but i chose whack a mole and it turned out to be difficult for me.

Well then choose something easier!

Or, give us your specification. You've so far only said that you need a whack a mole program created in Visual Basic. Technically speaking, you haven't even specified what programming language you want us to use.
01-20-2012, 12:38 AM #8
Sleazy
xBlueBerryKush
Well then choose something easier!

Or, give us your specification. You've so far only said that you need a whack a mole program created in Visual Basic. Technically speaking, you haven't even specified what programming language you want us to use.

im stuck with this sadly...
and this needs to be written in visual basic language.

basicaly all i need it to do is for the mole to pop up and when i click it , it goes away
01-20-2012, 01:56 AM #9
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
im stuck with this sadly...
and this needs to be written in visual basic language.

basicaly all i need it to do is for the mole to pop up and when i click it , it goes away

Again, you've given no more information than what we already know, and you still haven't told us the programming language. What you should do is write a specification and provide all the necessary resources. We're happy to help but you've literally made it impossible. Or better yet, start programming yourself!

Perhaps you ought to learn how to write a specification, or, just do the project yourself! You've given us nothing to work with.
Last edited by Epic? ; 01-20-2012 at 01:59 AM.
01-20-2012, 05:22 AM #10
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Again, you've given no more information than what we already know, and you still haven't told us the programming language. What you should do is write a specification and provide all the necessary resources. We're happy to help but you've literally made it impossible. Or better yet, start programming yourself!

Perhaps you ought to learn how to write a specification, or, just do the project yourself! You've given us nothing to work with.

Epic, I think he is referring to VB.Net. If you refer to what I stated, I gave him an idea on how to make it pretty looking as well as a decent structure to creating it.

Honestly, I find it amusing that if he is having trouble with something so simple he needs to step back and try for something easier.

It can be done with either arrays or using the random number function and corresponding each spot specifically with the number that appears with randomized time.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo