Post: Need PHP and JavaScript coders for a serious project
07-30-2014, 05:47 PM #1
Weydigo
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi,

I would like to get into the creation of a forum software, but I don't have all the knowledge required to launch this creation. I would like to know if there are PHP and JavaScript coders here? If so, I would love to have your help and your explanations to this subject. Mainly, I would like to create a sign in and sign up system pretty modern and well constructed. I would like to learn more about these languages and it's very serious.

Thanks.
07-31-2014, 01:41 AM #2
Dan
I'm a god.
Originally posted by Weydigo View Post
snip

Is there any pay involved?
07-31-2014, 04:52 PM #3
hit me up... [email][email protected][/email] I'll give you a hand if I can...
08-02-2014, 09:06 PM #4
hotfix
Keeper
Hi,

I would like to get into the creation of a forum software, but I don't have all the knowledge required to launch this creation. I would like to know if there are PHP and JavaScript coders here? If so, I would love to have your help and your explanations to this subject. Mainly, I would like to create a sign in and sign up system pretty modern and well constructed. I would like to learn more about these languages and it's very serious.

Thanks.

First off, us "coders" like to be called programmers. :p
Wanting to make a forum software from scratch is pointless, mybb and phpbb are both open source so just make a custom version out of it.
Also, making a forum software is pointless, since there are good ones out already.
To get started from scratch I'd have a team of 12 or so php and jquery programmers.
08-02-2014, 11:00 PM #5
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Hi,

Thanks.

MyBB is the way to go. They are about to release Version 1.8. It's supposedly in the last beta phase right now.

They are also working on MyBB 2.0. In my opinion, it's the closest thing you'll get to a legal free version of VBulletin. You can even get themes to mimic VB and with the right paid plugins, mimic the functions.

A project like this will takes years to get something nice out there unless you're willing to pay some serious cash. Even then, you'll need many alpha/beta testers.

My advice, the project isn't worth your time. Learn the language, get good at it and get invovled with MyBB and see if you can't help out there. I run MyBB myself and I love it, the more people to help with it the better. It's all open source.

The following user thanked Pichu for this useful post:

hotfix
08-02-2014, 11:01 PM #6
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by hotfix View Post
First off, us "coders" like to be called programmers. :p
Wanting to make a forum software from scratch is pointless, mybb and phpbb are both open source so just make a custom version out of it.
Also, making a forum software is pointless, since there are good ones out already.
To get started from scratch I'd have a team of 12 or so php and jquery programmers.

This.

The following user thanked Pichu for this useful post:

hotfix

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo