08-03-2014, 02:38 PM #1
Chris
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What's up NGU community? Enzo

I've been working in C# a lot lately getting the more advanced grasp of it and while messing around in one of my tools, I thought it would be nice to remake the Windows Media Player. Nothing fancy, but if anyone wants to learn how it works and enhance their knowledge such as I wanted to you can download it with the source.

You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content. - You must login or register to view this content. ( Not that I need it since it's open source)

Natsu - Creating Media Player
Citadel - Sorting some issues out
IDontLeech - Helping out with ideas and code
Last edited by Chris ; 08-03-2014 at 02:40 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to Chris for this useful post:

Budz, IDontLeech, Mystery, Pichu
08-03-2014, 03:22 PM #2
IDontLeech
Endless Possibilitie
That was a quick release. :wub:
09-03-2014, 02:19 AM #3
Jakes625
Trippy Hippy
Originally posted by Natsu View Post
What's up NGU community? Enzo

I've been working in C# a lot lately getting the more advanced grasp of it and while messing around in one of my tools, I thought it would be nice to remake the Windows Media Player. Nothing fancy, but if anyone wants to learn how it works and enhance their knowledge such as I wanted to you can download it with the source.

You must login or register to view this content. - You must login or register to view this content. ( Not that I need it since it's open source)

cool I remember making these things all the time :p

it would be even cooler if you researched into the sound a bit and learned to program and manipulate the energy waves of the audio being produced. Basically remove the .net wrapper around and learn how compressed audio files work and how they are sent to different hardware such as speakers.

It's a lengthly task but trust me you will get a KICK out of it in the end Smile
09-03-2014, 03:00 AM #4
Chris
Former Staff
Originally posted by Jakes625 View Post
cool I remember making these things all the time :p

it would be even cooler if you researched into the sound a bit and learned to program and manipulate the energy waves of the audio being produced. Basically remove the .net wrapper around and learn how compressed audio files work and how they are sent to different hardware such as speakers.

It's a lengthly task but trust me you will get a KICK out of it in the end Smile

Wow, actually sounds interesting. Private Message me, i'd love to learn about it :p
09-03-2014, 07:35 PM #5
Boliberrys
^^ Sexy ^^
Lol. Havent seen the Media Player. I was creating one also :( But i think you post it first xD

Nice post mate!
09-05-2014, 09:27 PM #6
Originally posted by Natsu View Post
What's up NGU community? Enzo

any credit for the guy's code you copied of his video you know whom im on about "ProgrammingKnowledge" of youtube
dam kid its not complicated you didnt have to give a little story about learning mediaplayer the only thing i see you have learned is to copy a video to make this LOL NooB
09-05-2014, 11:42 PM #7
Chris
Former Staff
Originally posted by OmGRhys View Post
any credit for the guy's code you copied of his video you know whom im on about "ProgrammingKnowledge" of youtube
dam kid its not complicated you didnt have to give a little story about learning mediaplayer the only thing i see you have learned is to copy a video to make this LOL NooB

You're funny. Knowledge was meant to be known. Hence why he made the video to teach other people about the structure of the functions and how they work. The release isn't about the code, it's more so about learning things new regarding stuff you've never made before. You can rant on all day long, really doesn't matter to me. This community should be more focused on helping each other by including projects that help enhance knowledge instead of trying to one-up everyone in the community. Although, I do give you credit for wasting your time enough to find the video I learned from. Really shows your "knowledge" rofl. Enough Said.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo