09-14-2014, 06:01 AM #1
primetime43
Knowledge is power Tiphat
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Are you a person that wants to start coding in Java, but you don't know how to start? Well here is a very basic way to help you get started.

What do I need?
[INDENT=2]- What is BlueJ? - BlueJ is an integrated development environment (IDE) for the Java programming language, developed mainly for educational purposes
[/INDENT]

How to Begin?
- Once you have gotten BlueJ downloaded and installed make a new project in the Project option in the top left corner, you should see this
You must login or register to view this content.

- Then once you got all that completed, right click and chose new class and name your class

- Next, right click on your class that you just created and click Open Editor

- Once you get to the code editor, you can delete everything except this
    public class Classname{ }
, so it should look like this

- Then inside the class copy and paste this block of code into it
    public static void AnyName(String[] args){       }
Looking like this

- You will use that block of code a lot in java, so get used to using it. So once all that is done, we'll write a small simple line of code.
     System.out.println("Hello World");
Put that code inside the brackets like below

- Then after the code in put in, press compile and you should get a message saying, "Class compiled - no syntax errors" like in the picture above. Now once you get the message, go back to the main window that contains your class that you made in the beginning. Now right click on the class and select void AnyName(String[] args) like this

Now that is the very basic first step to programming Java, so play around with it some more and learn some more! :p
I may add more in the future, but I hope I made this simple enough to start anyone off, with or without programming knowledge.

Enjoy, primetime43 :p
Last edited by primetime43 ; 03-24-2016 at 07:34 AM.

The following 5 users say thank you to primetime43 for this useful post:

Best Mate, Boliberrys, Smooth, Ciri
09-14-2014, 10:15 PM #2
Teenage Modz
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by primetime43 View Post
Are you a person that wants to start coding in Java, but you don't know how to start? Well here is a very basic way to help you get started.

What do I need?
[INDENT=2]- What is BlueJ?
    BlueJ is an integrated development environment (IDE) for the Java programming language, developed mainly for educational purposes

[/INDENT]

How to Begin?
- Once you have gotten BlueJ downloaded and installed make a new project in the Project option in the top left corner, you should see this

- Then once you got all that completed, right click and chose new class and name your class

- Next, right click on your class that you just created and click Open Editor

- Once you get to the code editor, you can delete everything except this
    public class Classname{ }
, so it should look like this

- Then inside the class copy and paste this block of code into it
    public static void AnyName(String[] args){       }
Looking like this

- You will use that block of code a lot in java, so get used to using it. So once all that is done, we'll write a small simple line of code.
     System.out.println("Hello World");
Put that code inside the brackets like below

- Then after the code in put in, press compile and you should get a message saying, "Class compiled - no syntax errors" like in the picture above. Now once you get the message, go back to the main window that contains your class that you made in the beginning. Now right click on the class and select void AnyName(String[] args) like this

Now that is the very basic first step to programming Java, so play around with it some more and learn some more! :p
I may add more in the future, but I hope I made this simple enough to start anyone off, with or without programming knowledge.

Enjoy, primetime43 :p

Thank you primetime seb5594
09-22-2014, 03:03 AM #3
primetime43
Knowledge is power Tiphat
Would anyone want me to make another thread like this to make a user end program in Java. In other words make another tut on how to make a Java program where the user can enter input/stuff.
03-05-2015, 06:50 AM #4
Best Mate
Dark Knight
Originally posted by primetime43 View Post
Would anyone want me to make another thread like this to make a user end program in Java. In other words make another tut on how to make a Java program where the user can enter input/stuff.

please do
03-05-2015, 02:01 PM #5
Smoky420
< ^ > < ^ >
Very nice, i like this langage Enzo

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo