10-06-2014, 01:11 PM #1
Default Avatar
Oneup
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

This program makes it harder for someone to decompile your program with reflector.
How to use:
Select your .net compiled program and click patch.
To make it so you are able to open the binary with reflector simply select the file and click “Restore File”

This program may throw false positives with some anti virus software.

You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following 4 users say thank you to Oneup for this useful post:

One, Callumeleyy,
10-06-2014, 02:14 PM #2
Default Avatar
Bch
How good is this? I'm no good with encryption, obfuscation, reflectors etc. Could you run a program through this, as well as obfuscation tools etc? How would you make a paid for program secure? I've heard you can decompile any program, but these tools just basically make it harder to decompile? Sorry for all the questions :p
10-06-2014, 06:10 PM #3
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Beach View Post
How good is this? I'm no good with encryption, obfuscation, reflectors etc. Could you run a program through this, as well as obfuscation tools etc? How would you make a paid for program secure? I've heard you can decompile any program, but these tools just basically make it harder to decompile? Sorry for all the questions :p

Truly, it is impossible to completely secure any application so what you do is make it very hard for someone to reverse engineer it. One of the better ways to actually secure programs in C# is to make it communicate with a server. Have a server receive orders, process the order, then return the data to the application for the user to see. You'd need to make the server connection secure, which is possible.

The downside to this is if your server goes down or you are being DDOSd, it can crash your application or make it unusable.

Really though, any application written natively for Windows can be decompiled pretty easily, program in non-native code (C, C++ offers this) and it becomes harder for the average skid to do anything.

Remember though, programs make by some of the best software makers are cracked within a day of being released. That says something.

The following user thanked Pichu for this useful post:

10-06-2014, 06:11 PM #4
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Beach View Post

Truthfully I wouldn't use this for a commercial application. This is just a quick and dirty way to keep the average person for decompiling a program. There really isn't a 100% way to prevent someone for getting your source code in either case.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

10-06-2014, 06:13 PM #5
Default Avatar
Bch
Originally posted by Pichu View Post
Truly, it is impossible to completely secure any application so what you do is make it very hard for someone to reverse engineer it. One of the better ways to actually secure programs in C# is to make it communicate with a server. Have a server receive orders, process the order, then return the data to the application for the user to see. You'd need to make the server connection secure, which is possible.

The downside to this is if your server goes down or you are being DDOSd, it can crash your application or make it unusable.

Really though, any application written natively for Windows can be decompiled pretty easily, program in non-native code (C, C++ offers this) and it becomes harder for the average skid to do anything.

Remember though, programs make by some of the best software makers are cracked within a day of being released. That says something.

Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Truthfully I wouldn't use this for a commercial application. This is just a quick and dirty way to keep the average person for decompiling a program. There really isn't a 100% way to prevent someone for getting your source code in either case.

Alright thanks for the information Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo