11-07-2014, 02:31 AM #1
KAOSxGaming
At least I can fight
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello Guy's of NGU today i want to release my friends tool That he has spent his Time (1 year) of Hard work into this Pretty Sweet Program.

His site for more information and updates: You must login or register to view this content.

Download link For tool: You must login or register to view this content.

Virus Scan for Installer You must login or register to view this content.

Virus Scan for program: You must login or register to view this content.

Some Screenshots Below.

You must login or register to view this content.
You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.

Some Basic Info about the tool: UEFI Download Tool is a Tool that will find any UEFI updates for your desktop motherboard.
Works for all CPU Sockets and chipsets.
Supported Motherboard Manufacturers: ASUS, ASRock, MSI, Gigabyte, Dell.

Some more information in the tool as it is Noob Friendly As there is Tool Tips on Almost Everything so you know what it does.

Works Both On windows 7/8.
Last edited by KAOSxGaming ; 03-21-2015 at 01:20 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to KAOSxGaming for this useful post:

GlitchyHack, xDebugKiller
11-07-2014, 01:38 PM #2
Default Avatar
Oneup
So what exactly does this do? It just seems like all it does is grab the rom and at that point why wouldn't the person just go to the manufacturer's website for that?
11-07-2014, 11:10 PM #3
KAOSxGaming
At least I can fight
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
So what exactly does this do? It just seems like all it does is grab the rom and at that point why wouldn't the person just go to the manufacturer's website for that?

That and does a bit more it has some other features I just thought this program was cool even though it might not seem like much he put his time and work into it, he started the project without knowing anything about C# and now he does!
11-07-2014, 11:23 PM #4
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by KAOSxGaming View Post
That and does a bit more it has some other features I just thought this program was cool even though it might not seem like much he put his time and work into it, he started the project without knowing anything about C# and now he does!

I don't really see what these features are. Or at least anything that would be useful. It doesn't flash anything and if it did I don't think I would trust that.
11-08-2014, 12:44 AM #5
GlitchyHack
Save Point
I don't really see what these features are. Or at least anything that would be useful. It doesn't flash anything and if it did I don't think I would trust that.

Hello i am the developer of this program, and the sole purpose is to check for newer BIOS updates, so you can always stay up to date.

BIOS firmware revisions are important because it basically controls the entire board.
For example bios version 1.00 could have instability issues, 1.10 fixed that issue, 1.20 has overclocking problems, 1.30 fixes overclocking issues.

On new motherboards such as X99 have had issues when first released and people wait for a update to fix their issues.

You use UEFI Download Tool to check for a newer version of your BIOS for your motherboard that has been released, if you're on the most up to date version then it will say you're up to date, otherwise it will say there's an update and the information and you can download the update inside the program and have it auto extract and auto delete the zip if you configured this in preferences.

It's a lot more convenient then doing all that manually, you can turn on Automatic checking for UEFI updates so you will always know when there is an update without you doing anything.

So yes there is a point to my program and it is far from useless.
Understand what is going on before you jump to conclusions like that.

So overall if you had a bios that was not very good and had issues would you like to check the manufacturers website each day to see if there is an update taking time out of your day? Or have it automated?
Last edited by GlitchyHack ; 11-08-2014 at 07:09 PM.
11-08-2014, 08:21 PM #6
jagex
Gym leader
You should port this over to WPF. You can make prettier UI's with WPF compared to WinForm

Unless you are using WPF Ninja

Good program, I will be using
Last edited by jagex ; 11-08-2014 at 08:25 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to jagex for this useful post:

One, GlitchyHack
11-09-2014, 06:30 PM #7
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by GlitchyHack View Post
Hello i am the developer of this program, and the sole purpose is to check for newer BIOS updates, so you can always stay up to date.

BIOS firmware revisions are important because it basically controls the entire board.
For example bios version 1.00 could have instability issues, 1.10 fixed that issue, 1.20 has overclocking problems, 1.30 fixes overclocking issues.

On new motherboards such as X99 have had issues when first released and people wait for a update to fix their issues.

You use UEFI Download Tool to check for a newer version of your BIOS for your motherboard that has been released, if you're on the most up to date version then it will say you're up to date, otherwise it will say there's an update and the information and you can download the update inside the program and have it auto extract and auto delete the zip if you configured this in preferences.

It's a lot more convenient then doing all that manually, you can turn on Automatic checking for UEFI updates so you will always know when there is an update without you doing anything.

So yes there is a point to my program and it is far from useless.
Understand what is going on before you jump to conclusions like that.

So overall if you had a bios that was not very good and had issues would you like to check the manufacturers website each day to see if there is an update taking time out of your day? Or have it automated?

Maybe you should not be so defensive. I know what a BIOS it. I've been building PC's for the better part of my life so please don't jump to conclusions and attempt to talk down to me.
What I am saying is, I don't see the point in this since almost every board you buy within the last 3 years already has utilities that do just this. Hell they even flash it.

I think even for older boards they have software that handle it as well. What would you trust more?

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

Pichu
11-09-2014, 07:17 PM #8
GlitchyHack
Save Point
Maybe you should not be so defensive. I know what a BIOS it. I've been building PC's for the better part of my life so please don't jump to conclusions and attempt to talk down to me.
What I am saying is, I don't see the point in this since almost every board you buy within the last 3 years already has utilities that do just this. Hell they even flash it.

I think even for older boards they have software that handle it as well. What would you trust more?

I talk in the way i did because you called my tool useless, and i have yet to see any tools from any company that checks for bios updates for you, i know of ASRock Internet Flash which is only inside the bios not windows.

Whatever you think really, but around 700+ people enjoy using my tool and think it is very useful.
You're the only one who has ever called my tool useless, so i will come off as defensive because i have invested a lot of time to make this tool perfect and work for so many companies on literally every single motherboard, no matter if it was released yesterday or today, wouldn't have to do any updates on my program it would just work for all.

All i am really saying is that this is not useless, it is very useful.
Last edited by GlitchyHack ; 11-09-2014 at 07:53 PM.
11-09-2014, 08:57 PM #9
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by GlitchyHack View Post
I talk in the way i did because you called my tool useless, and i have yet to see any tools from any company that checks for bios updates for you, i know of ASRock Internet Flash which is only inside the bios not windows.

Whatever you think really, but around 700+ people enjoy using my tool and think it is very useful.
You're the only one who has ever called my tool useless, so i will come off as defensive because i have invested a lot of time to make this tool perfect and work for so many companies on literally every single motherboard, no matter if it was released yesterday or today, wouldn't have to do any updates on my program it would just work for all.

All i am really saying is that this is not useless, it is very useful.

Actually if you read what I said I never said the program was useless. Unless you are referring to the "features" in which case yes I don't see any that prove to be useful outside of downloading. Every manufacturer has some form of utility for this. They all come on the Driver disk that comes with the board.
Last edited by Oneup ; 11-09-2014 at 09:00 PM.
01-21-2015, 07:55 PM #10
GlitchyHack
Save Point
Originally posted by jagex View Post
You should port this over to WPF. You can make prettier UI's with WPF compared to WinForm

Unless you are using WPF Ninja

Good program, I will be using

I decided to finally port UEFI Download Tool over to WPF cause i can do so much more with customization and thing are a little easier after i understand it, Big update 1.70 will be out in a week maybe longer with other code inside reamped with cancel buttons on places were you couldn't cancel before.

The following user thanked GlitchyHack for this useful post:

jagex

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo