12-20-2014, 06:39 PM #1
ItsAvees
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Introduction

Hi guys, so You must login or register to view this content. made a tutorial on how to remotely disable a program but someone was confused on how to use it. So I am going to fully explain my own way of doing this (similar to Jagex's)and why you might want to use this.

Why Would You Use This?

The reason you might want to use this is so if you are selling a program and someone scams you, you are able to remotely stop them from using your software. So onto the tutorial...

Step 1 :

First of all you want to make a free website on You must login or register to view this content., After that you want to drag a picture onto any page of your site
You must login or register to view this content.
Next, make sure the picture is selected and click on the "link" button at the top of the page. Now is the time you want to make two files called "license.txt" (you will need to put them in different folders as they need to have the same name). In one "license.txt" you should simply type "VALID" then in the other "license.txt" you must type "DISABLE".
Once these files have been made go back onto weebly which should now look like this :
You must login or register to view this content.
You want to click the upload button and upload whichever file you want ("VALID" or "DISABLE"). Next close out of that box and click "Publish" in the top right corner. Now go to your website and click your picture, you should be redirected to a link that looks like this "https://YOUR-WEBSITE.Webs.com/license.txt". Keep that link open and move on.

Step 2 :

Now we move onto the C# Coding. First you want to add this code to your Form_Load function :
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=3]
string url = "THE LINK TO YOUR TXT FILE! (https://YOUR-WEBSITE.Webs.com/license.txt)"; // The url to your txt file
HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(url);
HttpWebResponse response = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();
StreamReader sr = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream());
string DATA = sr.ReadToEnd();
sr.Close();//Read the txt file

if (DATA.Contains("VALID"))//Check if the txt file contains the word "VALID"
{
//If it does then the program can start
MessageBox.Show("Your License is valid", "Success", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information);

}
else
{
//If it doesn't close the program.
MessageBox.Show("Your License is NOT valid!", "NOT VALID", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error);
this.Close();
} [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Thats all. Now if you want to change someones access to your software, you must delete the current "license.txt" from your site and replace it with whatever one you would like. (VALID = Enabled, DISABLE = Disabled)

Peace :P
Last edited by ItsAvees ; 12-20-2014 at 10:13 PM.

The following user thanked ItsAvees for this useful post:

Boliberrys
12-20-2014, 08:23 PM #2
One
At least I can fight
this isnt really needed, his snippet is all you really need
12-21-2014, 10:11 PM #3
jagex
Gym leader
If you put this under Form_Load it will only run once. So the user can still use it if you decide to disable the program

You can also bypass this just by turning your internet connection off lol
Last edited by jagex ; 12-21-2014 at 10:17 PM.
12-21-2014, 10:40 PM #4
ItsAvees
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by jagex View Post
If you put this under Form_Load it will only run once. So the user can still use it if you decide to disable the program

You can also bypass this just by turning your internet connection off lol

Thats why I also added a timer in my software that checks every 60 seconds. Furthermore the user is not able to use the program as I have added :

this.Close();

Yes you can just bypass this by turning off your internet but I suppose that could be fixed with a simple try & catch.
12-22-2014, 02:39 AM #5
jagex
Gym leader
You should include those in the tutorial then since this a complete version

and why the hell does my avatar never work lol >.>
01-20-2015, 06:50 PM #6
xXcodgmRTE
Climbing up the ladder
i'm getting a break error at this peace of code "HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(url);"
01-21-2015, 04:34 AM #7
jagex
Gym leader
Originally posted by xXcodgmRTE View Post
i'm getting a break error at this peace of code "HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(url);"

Insert a break point and see what happens
01-21-2015, 12:07 PM #8
xXcodgmRTE
Climbing up the ladder
Ok thanks
01-21-2015, 03:42 PM #9
Winter
Purple God
or;

1. Create pastebin, get the raw paste and put something like "243785" (or "Delete")

2. in your Initialize do:

System.Net.WebClient wC = new System.Net.WebClient();

try {
if (wC.DownloadString("RAW PASTE LINK") == "243785")
Application.Exit();
}
catch { Application.Exit(); }

And you're done. The paste is editable & all.

--NVM, I actually read the thread LOL!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo