Post: [GAME UPDATED] Zombie Game (Do not expect anything good!) [GAME]
01-05-2015, 08:37 PM #1
Default Avatar
Bch
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); [UPDATE]
I decided this was completely shit. So i scrapped most of it, kept some models, but most of it was scrapped. I am now working on (hopefully a better) game that's the same basic idea. I'll keep you guys updated :P
Preview of it so far!

Version 2.0 (You can't die yet, need to add an end to the game)
Download Link - You must login or register to view this content.
Virus Scan - You must login or register to view this content.

- Zombies Follow you (Not strict paths, tried adding navigation and collision detection)
- Rounds of zombies
- Pickup Health & Energy Supply (Drops every from helicopter every pass)
- Barbed Wire kills you
- Zombies kill you
- Animations (Terrible like)
- Online (Though it has many bugs)

Probably a hell of a lot more :(

Notice: Most models in this map were created by other people, i personally only made a few map models.

Controls: Left Click Shoot (Hit Bat), X (Toggle Third Person), B (Sound menu), Space (Jump), WASD (Move)

Version 1.0 (Unplayable)

So this is the first game i've made in Unity (Free Game Engine), i've been making this program for the past 2 days, learning alot in a short space of time about raycasts, vectors etc. This is terrible, but it a work in progress. It has lots of bugs, it is no where near complete, and it is literally not playable, however i just wanted to share :p.

Images

You must login or register to view this content.

Positives:
- Zombies Follow you (Not strict paths)
- Shooting is aligned with your gun, not with the center of the camera. (Weird at first)
- Rounds of zombies
- Pickup Ammo Supply (Drops every 60 seconds)
- Aim Down Sight Motion
- Barbed Wire kills you
- Zombies kill you (Although the colliders and rotation needs fixing so they damage all the time)
- Crosshair shows if you hit a zombie

Negatives:
- No animations (Haven't got round to learning this yet!)
- Looking up and down while aiming isn't great with camera view
- running this program while someone else is, will put you in a game with them however it will glitch out because i haven't got the networking properly set up yet.
- If you die you will automatically teleport back to spawn
- Zombies will get stuck outside the map, as there is no entry points yet so if you are far enough away, the lerp force will slingshot the zombie through the fence.

Notice: Most models in this map were created by other people, i personally only made a few map models.

Controls: Left Click Shoot (Only when fully aiming down sight), Right Click (Toggle Aim Down Sight), X (Toggle Third Person), Space (Jump), WASD (Move)

Last edited by Bch ; 01-09-2015 at 07:07 PM.

The following 21 users say thank you to Bch for this useful post:

Hammy, One, 04jberry, Antonio96C, Ariel R., DarkOpsHyperz-, Geo, Welsh, Norway-_-1999, Pichu, ResistTheJamsha, Reyz, ScaRzModZ, Slinky, Snoop, Stunz, Uncertain, witchery, Zeynoh
01-11-2015, 03:48 AM #20
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Originally posted by Beach View Post
[UPDATE]
I decided this was completely shit. So i scrapped most of it, kept some models, but most of it was scrapped. I am now working on (hopefully a better) game that's the same basic idea. I'll keep you guys updated :P
Preview of it so far!

Version 2.0 (You can't die yet, need to add an end to the game)

- Zombies Follow you (Not strict paths, tried adding navigation and collision detection)
- Rounds of zombies
- Pickup Health & Energy Supply (Drops every from helicopter every pass)
- Barbed Wire kills you
- Zombies kill you
- Animations (Terrible like)
- Online (Though it has many bugs)

Controls: Left Click Shoot (Hit Bat), X (Toggle Third Person), B (Sound menu), Space (Jump), WASD (Move)

Version 1.0 (Unplayable)

So this is the first game i've made in Unity (Free Game Engine), i've been making this program for the past 2 days, learning alot in a short space of time about raycasts, vectors etc. This is terrible, but it a work in progress. It has lots of bugs, it is no where near complete, and it is literally not playable, however i just wanted to share :p.

Images

Positives:
- Zombies Follow you (Not strict paths)
- Shooting is aligned with your gun, not with the center of the camera. (Weird at first)
- Rounds of zombies
- Pickup Ammo Supply (Drops every 60 seconds)
- Aim Down Sight Motion
- Barbed Wire kills you
- Zombies kill you (Although the colliders and rotation needs fixing so they damage all the time)
- Crosshair shows if you hit a zombie

Negatives:
- No animations (Haven't got round to learning this yet!)
- Looking up and down while aiming isn't great with camera view
- running this program while someone else is, will put you in a game with them however it will glitch out because i haven't got the networking properly set up yet.
- If you die you will automatically teleport back to spawn
- Zombies will get stuck outside the map, as there is no entry points yet so if you are far enough away, the lerp force will slingshot the zombie through the fence.

Controls: Left Click Shoot (Only when fully aiming down sight), Right Click (Toggle Aim Down Sight), X (Toggle Third Person), Space (Jump), WASD (Move)

Nice dude, I was impressed, is this your first game? If so very good dude.
01-11-2015, 12:19 PM #21
Default Avatar
Bch
Originally posted by CyberNomadic View Post
Nice dude, I was impressed, is this your first game? If so very good dude.

Yeah well theres two versions, theres my first version which was the one with the Gun which really failed, so i scrapped it and re-did it with a baseball bat haha

The following user thanked Bch for this useful post:

01-13-2015, 08:03 PM #22
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Originally posted by Beach View Post
Yeah well theres two versions, theres my first version which was the one with the Gun which really failed, so i scrapped it and re-did it with a baseball bat haha

Good to start basic anyway. Nice job though.
01-15-2015, 06:25 AM #23
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Game I'm working on: You must login or register to view this content.

This is the first area I've worked on (v3). I'm working on the first floor right now and will be working on 3 others then I have a basement + a vault and lastly a player's room.

The following 2 users say thank you to Pichu for this useful post:

One,
01-15-2015, 02:27 PM #24
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Pichu View Post

This is the first area I've worked on (v3). I'm working on the first floor right now and will be working on 3 others then I have a basement + a vault and lastly a player's room.

What's this have to do with his game?
01-15-2015, 07:40 PM #25
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
What's this have to do with his game?

Because of his statement: I decided this was completely shit. So i scrapped most of it, kept some models, but most of it was scrapped. I am now working on (hopefully a better) game that's the same basic idea.

Felt like rather than making a new thread it would possibly open up a discussion since it appears he's also working with Unity and trying to make a game.
01-17-2015, 09:43 AM #26
Default Avatar
Bch

Damm that's nice! I guess your working with Unity too, what language? Idk Personally i'm fairly good with the programming (not so much the maths and physics), but lack the modelling, animating and texture skills :\
01-17-2015, 08:47 PM #27
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Bitch View Post
Damm that's nice! I guess your working with Unity too, what language? Idk Personally i'm fairly good with the programming (not so much the maths and physics), but lack the modelling, animating and texture skills :\

All my assets are bought, I'm not too good at modeling but I'm getting better at animation. I know how to use Photoshop so I can modify and texture myself if needed.

Programming, I use C#.

Using a cracked version of Unity Pro at the moment, I want to put the game up on Indiegogo once I'm further into it and try getting some funding (3-5k aprox). 1.5k would be to buy a license to Unity (Hopefully they release Unity 5.0 by then).

The rest would go towards setting up a website, domain and then buying more assets such as audio, effects, etc + to support my time of programming lol.

---------

If you need help, I can try and help you with your game if I'm free. I'm still learning Unity but from what I knew a month ago versus now is a lot in comparison. Just a matter of memorizing the libraries and constantly looking up documentation. :P
01-18-2015, 09:21 AM #28
Default Avatar
Bch
All my assets are bought, I'm not too good at modeling but I'm getting better at animation. I know how to use Photoshop so I can modify and texture myself if needed.

Programming, I use C#.

Using a cracked version of Unity Pro at the moment, I want to put the game up on Indiegogo once I'm further into it and try getting some funding (3-5k aprox). 1.5k would be to buy a license to Unity (Hopefully they release Unity 5.0 by then).

The rest would go towards setting up a website, domain and then buying more assets such as audio, effects, etc + to support my time of programming lol.

---------

If you need help, I can try and help you with your game if I'm free. I'm still learning Unity but from what I knew a month ago versus now is a lot in comparison. Just a matter of memorizing the libraries and constantly looking up documentation. :P

Oh nice good luck to you ! :P It would be cheaper to find some friends who can do the modelling etc but not many good ones, and yeah cheers will do Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo