04-24-2015, 09:39 PM #1
seanhellen
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi everyone - I have never done this. A friend works as a mechanic and has asked me to see if I can make a program that would allow his customers to log in and see their previous service records.

Basically, he uploads the records (doc format) from the previous day and a customer uses my program (that I am going to make...somehow) with a unique username/password which then filters out his invoices only.
For filters, I was thinking of putting name or bike reg. or something unique to him in the doc title for simpler filtering

I did look at google drive, but I got a bit lost with their dev section Happy

Anyways, has anyone else done anything similar?

P.S. In case your were wondering, I have been trying to learn c# and made a program that simplifies his invoice making and was a great success...I only did it as a small project to prove to myself I can do it...I wass only showing off - didn't expect him to use it Happy
Thats when this proposition came up Smile
Last edited by seanhellen ; 04-24-2015 at 09:41 PM.
04-25-2015, 12:04 AM #2
jagex
Gym leader
You could use mysql
04-25-2015, 07:29 AM #3
seanhellen
Are you high?
Ill have to read up on that...never used it before lol

To be fair I dont really know what it is Happy
04-25-2015, 09:03 AM #4
Sounds reasonable, I'd just use MySQL and build a front end in whatever language you want.
04-25-2015, 09:15 AM #5
seanhellen
Are you high?
Ok, ill have a look into it. Thanks
04-26-2015, 09:02 AM #6
seanhellen
Are you high?
ok, I have had a look and I am about as confused as I can be Happy

am I right in thinking I (basically) register with a hosting site that supports wordpress, install wordpress and then I can upload invoice.docs to the hosting site.

then I can make a program in c# to log a person in to view his/her invoice...maybe even get a list of their invoices back into the program so that they dont have to go on the site

or something along those lines Happy
04-26-2015, 02:11 PM #7
jagex
Gym leader
Just use Mysql
04-26-2015, 02:23 PM #8
seanhellen
Are you high?
Ah. Do i not need a hosting site or wordpress? Does it just work on its own
04-26-2015, 03:37 PM #9
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by seanhellen View Post
Ah. Do i not need a hosting site or wordpress? Does it just work on its own

Mysql requires some form of hosting. Have it be you hosting it on your machine or paying a hosting provider.
04-26-2015, 04:13 PM #10
seanhellen
Are you high?
If i hosted on my pc, could others still get their documents? Or is that what hosting sites are for?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo