12-01-2015, 06:05 PM #1
Specter
Pro Memer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Contest is now closed, results will be posted on [s]December 31st[/s] January 6th, sorry about that.

You must login or register to view this content.

Introduction: The staff have been talking, and I really wanted to bring some life into the Programming section of NGU, and we thought a fun way to do this is to do friendly competitions where members can submit their program for prizes and feedback! In spirit of the holidays, I decided to start this today (December 1st). Now we are planning to do this monthly, however we'll see how this goes, as kind of a "trial run" if you will. The prize this month is one free month of Elite, as well as 2k reputation, however we'll see how this goes =D

Overview: In the spirit of Christmas, the theme for this month's competition is anything related to Christmas! This can be a card generator, a program that makes a snow fall animation appear on the screen, anything! Get creative! However, we're going to exclude anything related to modding (including but not limited to mod tools, mod menus, etc), as I said, get creative!

Restrictions: Your code must be open-source (or you must at least be permitting to send me the source in a PM), and it must stick to the theme. You also may not submit programs/code you have already submitted in previous competitions or posted a thread about, however if it's unreleased it will be considered as an entry. You may use any programming language you wish, it can be web-based or a program (if it is an executable and you are not releasing the source publicly, other forum rules apply, a virus scan must be provided). Let your imagination go wild!

End Date: This competition will run from December 1st (today) until December 24th (Christmas Eve) at 12:00pm EST. At which point the thread will be closed, and all entries will be evaluated. The results will be posted on [s]December 31st, New Years Eve[/s] January 6th.

Evaluation: As stated earlier, I must be able to obtain the source through either open sourcing it or a PM, however open source is encouraged. Your program/website will be evaluated based on the functionality of the program/site, how stable it is, and coding practice (eg. Is it organized? Does the program have good control flow? Is it understandable, do the variable/function names make sense?).

Prize: As of this month, there is only a prize for first place, however this may change in future competitions. The prize this month is one free month of Elite as well as 2k reputation (courtesy of Kas). The winner will be contacted via PM about their prize!

This goes without saying, but I will say it anyways. DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Any plagiarism will result in the plagiarizer to be excluded from the competition, and possibly even excluded from future competitions. Do not leech, create your own material, and take pride in what you do. You may however, use code from another source provided you have permission and/or have cited the reference, for instance if you're making a website and wish to use Bootstrap, just make sure you credit Twitter for it's contribution. Another example is themes for programs in C# for instance, this is completely allowed as long as you credit the author.

Reply to this thread with your entry, only one entry per person. If you submit more than one, I will ask you which one you wish to submit. You may edit your post/program any time before the end date (December 24th). Please be sure to include a brief description of what the program does, a download, the source (if not, PM me), and a screenshot would be nice. Have fun with it, don't rush to get it in first. The winner will be contacted about their free month of elite after the results have been posted. Again, have fun with it!

Please do not flame other peoples work, if you have suggestions for someone to improve it, by all means let them know, give some feedback, but keep it friendly :p

We have submissions from the following

Passion
Pro
MEGALELZ (laim)
Temp/Tapir
Last edited by Specter ; 01-06-2016 at 08:18 PM.

The following 37 users say thank you to Specter for this useful post:

Algebra, AndrewKelly, anxify, CIA agent, CleanMODSHD, Devious, Father Luckeyy, FourzerotwoFAILS, Frosty, Tears, Helping-Hand, HeroWin, Humble, Im_YouViolateMe, ImPiffHD, Kryptus, Loes Jr., MOD-RuLeZ, Mustangguygt, Toke, Next To Nothing, Norway-_-1999, Darth Saul, gopro_2027, Rath, Adrian, RTE, Passion, SnaY, tyman1294, UnboundGodz, vicious_results, Waren, XM7MD_VX, Xx-GIPPI-xX
12-01-2015, 06:13 PM #2
Im_YouViolateMe
NextGenUpdate Elite
Time 2 code dat actionscript tree point oh with my snow animations
12-01-2015, 06:16 PM #3
Toxic
former staff
Originally posted by Spec

Introduction: The staff have been talking, and I really wanted to bring some life into the Programming section of NGU, and we thought a fun way to do this is to do friendly competitions where members can submit their program for prizes and feedback! In spirit of the holidays, I decided to start this today (December 1st). Now we are planning to do this monthly, however we'll see how this goes, as kind of a "trial run" if you will. The prize this month is one free month of Elite, as well as 2k reputation, however we'll see how this goes =D

Overview: In the spirit of Christmas, the theme for this month's competition is anything related to Christmas! This can be a card generator, a program that makes a snow fall animation appear on the screen, anything! Get creative! However, we're going to exclude anything related to modding (including but not limited to mod tools, mod menus, etc), as I said, get creative!

Restrictions: Your code must be open-source (or you must at least be permitting to send me the source in a PM), and it must stick to the theme, those are the only restrictions. You may use any programming language you wish, it can be web-based or a program (if it is an executable and you are not releasing the source publically, other forum rules apply, a virus scan must be provided). Let your imagination go wild!

End Date: This competition will run from December 1st (today) until December 24th (Christmas Eve) at 12:00pm EST. At which point the thread will be closed, and all entries will be evaluated. The results will be posted on December 31st, New Years Eve.

Evaluation: As stated earlier, I must be able to obtain the source through either open sourcing it or a PM, however open source is encouraged. Your program/website will be evaluated based on the functionality of the program/site, how stable it is, and coding practice (eg. Is it organized? Does the program have good control flow? Is it understandable, do the variable/function names make sense?).

Prize: As of this month, there is only a prize for first place, however this may change in future competitions. The prize this month is one free month of Elite as well as 2k reputation (courtesy of Kas). The winner will be contacted via PM about their prize!

This goes without saying, but I will say it anyways. DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Any plagiarism will result in the plagiarizer to be excluded from the competition, and possibly even excluded from future competitions. Do not leech, create your own material, and take pride in what you do. You may however, use code from another source provided you have permission and/or have cited the reference, for instance if you're making a website and wish to use Bootstrap, just make sure you credit Twitter for it's contribution. Another example is themes for programs in C# for instance, this is completely allowed as long as you credit the author.

Reply to this thread with your entry, only one entry per person. If you submit more than one, I will ask you which one you wish to submit. You may edit your post/program any time before the end date (December 24th). Please be sure to include a brief description of what the program does, a download, the source (if not, PM me), and a screenshot would be nice. Have fun with it, don't rush to get it in first. The winner will be contacted about their free month of elite after the results have been posted. Again, have fun with it!

Please do not flame other peoples work, if you have suggestions for someone to improve it, by all means let them know, give some feedback, but keep it friendly :p

not competing cuz spec said dont You must login or register to view this content.
too bad, i was just gonna give u my l33t project Cool Troll

The following 2 users say thank you to Toxic for this useful post:

CIA agent, Xx-GIPPI-xX
12-01-2015, 06:16 PM #4
Im_YouViolateMe
NextGenUpdate Elite
No but seriously can it be something we've already done or does it have to be new?

The following user thanked Im_YouViolateMe for this useful post:

StevensCruz
12-01-2015, 06:19 PM #5
Specter
Pro Memer
Originally posted by YouViolateMe View Post
No but seriously can it be something we've already done or does it have to be new?

If it hasn't been posted before, you can submit it as an entry, but if you've already posted it as a thread or something similar then no, you'll have to do something new :p
12-01-2015, 08:20 PM #6
Passion
League Champion
Christmas countdown!

URL: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Passion ; 12-01-2015 at 08:23 PM.
12-01-2015, 08:27 PM #7
Xx-GIPPI-xX
Modding Passion
I appreciate it but i not know how progam in c# or c++ but good iniziative
12-01-2015, 09:05 PM #8
Default Avatar
Bch
Originally posted by Passion View Post
Christmas countdown!

URL: You must login or register to view this content.

Snow Javascript is from You must login or register to view this content. (reference it boyo)
Also it doesn't work Sal
12-01-2015, 09:37 PM #9
Devious
Treasure hunter

Restrictions: Your code must be open-source (or you must at least be permitting to send me the source in a PM), and it must stick to the theme. You also may not submit programs/code you have already submitted in previous competitions or posted a thread about, however if it's unreleased it will be considered as an entry. You may use any programming language you wish, it can be web-based or a program (if it is an executable and you are not releasing the source publicly, other forum rules apply, a virus scan must be provided). Let your imagination go wild!

End Date: This competition will run from December 1st (today) until December 24th (Christmas Eve) at 12:00pm EST. At which point the thread will be closed, and all entries will be evaluated. The results will be posted on December 31st, New Years Eve.

So like open source tools that can be used for mods?
12-01-2015, 09:42 PM #10
Toke
PC Master Race

So i cant rat tustin steal his menu and christmas theme it and win? What kinda bullshit pyramid scheme r u runnin round here this is freakin blasphemy

The following 11 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

Crunk, edub, Midnight, ModaTron, MrMoan, Next To Nothing, Specter, Taylor, xNITEMAREx

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo