01-18-2016, 03:19 AM #1
Mr Smithy x
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Just thought I'd share this:

"You must login or register to view this content. - Atom is a text editor by Github which is marketed as “A hackable text editor for the 21st Century”. It is written in CoffeeScript which is pretty looking Javascript. Writing packages for Atom is easy and encouraged to customise the text editor to suit your needs. Your packages can have node dependencies and the entire project is OpenSourced.
You must login or register to view this content. is a small atom package I wrote which will run the swift build command then start lldb with the executable as argument bringing compiling and debugging of swift packages right inside Atom’s UI. You can toggle breakpoints in your files visually with a shortcut and the lldb will apply those breakpoints and break at those lines. Since Atom works on Mac and Linux, the swift-debugger package also works on both.
"

You must login or register to view this content.

Source:

Also looks like Jetbrains are jumping on it too!

Thoughts?
Last edited by Mr Smithy x ; 01-18-2016 at 03:23 AM.
01-18-2016, 07:51 AM #2
Originally posted by Mr
Just thought I'd share this:

"You must login or register to view this content. - Atom is a text editor by Github which is marketed as “A hackable text editor for the 21st Century”. It is written in CoffeeScript which is pretty looking Javascript. Writing packages for Atom is easy and encouraged to customise the text editor to suit your needs. Your packages can have node dependencies and the entire project is OpenSourced.
You must login or register to view this content. is a small atom package I wrote which will run the swift build command then start lldb with the executable as argument bringing compiling and debugging of swift packages right inside Atom’s UI. You can toggle breakpoints in your files visually with a shortcut and the lldb will apply those breakpoints and break at those lines. Since Atom works on Mac and Linux, the swift-debugger package also works on both.
"

Source:

Also looks like Jetbrains are jumping on it too!

Thoughts?

Moved to Computer Programming, for now.

The following user thanked Frosty for this useful post:

Mr Smithy x

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo