03-19-2016, 03:10 AM #1
Specter
Pro Memer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The programming section has been reorganized!

The staff have had a discussion and we decided to organize the Computer Programming section a bit (lot) better, as before it was a bit of a mess. Different languages were thrown together, it was very hard to find things, and inquiries had legitimate questions that needed to be answered as well as discussions. So we implemented a few new sub forums and such.

Over the course of the next couple of weeks I'll be moving threads into the new appropriate sub-sections, but this will take some time (one thing I've learned if anything is 2011 was a huge year for this section, like 70 pages huge).

Due to this organization, those who use this section will be able to find threads easier related to the specific language they're looking for rather than having Java, Python, Assembly, C, etc. all thrown into one forum. This also means any threads posted in this section should be posted in their appropriate sub-forum.

For instance, C/C++ related programs and source code should go in the "C/C++ Programming" section, the same goes for other sections. For other languages like Python and Assembly languages that don't have specific subforums, they can be posted in the "Other languages" section as threads based on these languages are typically less-common. Anything more general that's not language specific or is a discussion should be posted in the main Computer Programming forum.

The inquiries section has not changed, please ensure to post all questions in the Inquiries section. Do not post discussion topics like "What programming language should I learn" or "What's your favourite IDE" in the inquiries section, these can go in the Computer Programming main forum.

That's all, I hope users who frequently use this section will appreciate this change, as I and other staff feel that it's what the programming section needs and keeps it a lot tidier, please do your part to help ensure it stays tidy.

The following 8 users say thank you to Specter for this useful post:

Algebra, FakeEdition, Frosty, Jim Halpert, primetime43, Rath, Sloth, Jon Snow
03-24-2016, 07:26 AM #2
primetime43
Knowledge is power Tiphat
I like the idea
Last edited by primetime43 ; 03-24-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo