04-22-2016, 04:18 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What inspired or made you become a coder? To me, it would be nice yo release some nice tools and programs to others to make them happy Smile
04-23-2016, 06:10 PM #2
Mr Smithy x
Former Staff
At first it was when I first jailbroke my psp, i had 3.71m33-4. And there was this game called gta vcs and they prx called cheatdevice. I was so facinated by it. There were many people who made some pretty cool cheats and i wanted to make some cheats too. I didnt even even know what langauge it was but it was from the C family. I made basic cheats my combining cheats together then learning how to read memory to create my own (back then i was known by Dudek12l & By Dudek13l). It was pretty fun. After that, i there was this thing for gta vcs called a pmg(pimp my garage) car creator. At the time i was learning how to make batch files (i was like 12) and i made a pmg creator and released it, and i got a lot of good feedback. I then was put onto visual basic by a friend of mine online and since then i just fell in love with programming, people liked my work, my teachers were impressed, its been 8 years since and i still love it, its what i'm majoring in aswell.
04-23-2016, 08:32 PM #3
Specter
Pro Memer
Honestly, it was off this site, first language I got into was PHP and it wasn't even for web development. There's a chat service called "Xat" (flash) and I wanted to make a bot for it. So I learned PHP and rewrote my script like 10,000 times to make it as efficient as possible. My first script took 2mb of ram per bot, where my final script took 0.7mb and had way more stuff in it. From there I moved to other things like Python and eventually C / C++.
05-06-2016, 01:06 AM #4
FakeEdition
I am error
My Story is a little odd.
I started with the fascination of applications, after a while I was getting in deeper into it like reading and watching tutorials and anything that had anything to do with programming. So I decided to start with C-Sharp and since then I became much better and now I'm here learning C++
05-06-2016, 07:36 PM #5
Jim Halpert
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
What inspired or made you become a coder? To me, it would be nice yo release some nice tools and programs to others to make them happy Smile

What didn't make me want to become a coder?

The following user thanked Jim Halpert for this useful post:

WWSASZ V3
05-18-2016, 03:14 PM #6
gopro_2027
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
What inspired or made you become a coder? To me, it would be nice yo release some nice tools and programs to others to make them happy Smile

So I actually did some programming in lua in computercraft back in 8th grade, but that is not what sparked me to code.
STORY TIME.
It was freshmen yea. I was addicted to minecraft. Minecraft is love, minecraft is life. I was trying to do some network stuff (probably for my minecraft server) and it was this thing called source code. all I knew was that it said to install gcc and run a command. I soon realize "Bruh, I could probably run this command on my own file and do some shit" so thus zi did some research. I was using the gcc compiler on c++ so idk how it worked. anyways, i was hooked like fuxking heorin. I spent every living moment looking through documents and google searches "how do i do ... in code" and like a leech on crack i spent the next few weeks leeching EVERYTHING C&P HERE C&P THERE C&P EVERYWHERE. Anyways I quickly realized c++ has hard as all hell and learned java so i could make mods for my minecraft server.

THE END.
05-18-2016, 03:43 PM #7
It all started with CFG back in early like 2012 and then I made this game save for BO1 where you could do xp lobbies and stuff and then I met this guy You must login or register to view this content. on MW3 and this was the first time I saw anyone doing RTM and he was like "if you give me a xp lobby, I'll give you unlock all" so of course I did it, and he was using the walking ac130 and all that and it was cool as hell so I started looking in to all this rtm stuff and I had to do it myself so I got a jailbreak in the following months for like $380 and at first you had to do EVERYTHING through the debugger and that was a fucking pain if you wanted to play with your friends, cause there were no tools or anything so it was all done manually, but then DexModderFTW released a tutorial on how to make a tool You must login or register to view this content. and I made a few tools with that, and soon after, Bad Luck Brian made his tutorial series on how to make a menu and clans were a big thing then, and I wanted to join HFH and they told me that if I made a menu for mw3, they'd let me in so I did it, and I made this You must login or register to view this content. this menu might look like shit compared to menus now but it was fucking great then, was like the fourth or fifth menu out for the game and then with that I got in to HFH and yeah, that's where it all started.
05-18-2016, 04:17 PM #8
EternalHabit
Former Staff
For me, it was mw2 challenge lobbys back in 2010. Before having to bypass on mw2, right when 3.55 jailbreaks got huge. I think this site was just a baby at that time. It was all about reddotcity.com hahaha. But yeah seeing elite mossy's menus made me want to make sick gsc menus.
Last edited by EternalHabit ; 05-18-2016 at 04:24 PM.
05-18-2016, 05:18 PM #9
SC58
Former Staff
You must login or register to view this content.
05-18-2016, 08:13 PM #10
Dro
i<3myPs3
I don't necessarily consider myself a coder
but

I mostly enjoy the challenge. It can be therapeutic.
Also like to post my tools for those who may not know how to do it themselves.

Fun for profit.
Last edited by Dro ; 05-18-2016 at 10:27 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo