05-26-2016, 06:23 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So, I registered my 11th grade for AP Computer Science since this is the first time they're ever bringing this class at school before. I wanted to this a long time ago, but never had the resources for it. I finally do, but is this a great class to start off with guys? I've done a bit of Web Dev -- HTML and CSS, and thats about it. Any suggestions/tips?
Last edited by Hydrogen ; 05-26-2016 at 06:32 PM.
05-28-2016, 10:48 PM #2
PSNServices
Are you high?
Yeah i had the samething my sophmore year. My teacher was really hot so i would always look at her ass. Just don't do that LoL
05-28-2016, 11:31 PM #3
To be honest, if it's the first time they're doing it it might be lacking in areas.

If they go off track, remember.

You are there to learn how computers work at all of the code levels up to high level languages.

A lot of people think they are there to learn a language, you are there to learn HOW TO LEARN languages, logic, structure, orientation, memory management etc.

Good luck, often experienced teachers who are trained in giving you information can do it way better than any text book or website.

The following user thanked Kexploit for this useful post:

Hydrogen
05-29-2016, 01:35 AM #4
EGA-Scarface
PS4 Trophy Seller
I got my undergrad in CS and best decision I ever made. You will never be jobless with a CS degree.
05-29-2016, 01:02 PM #5
Sloth
Banned
Originally posted by Oxogen View Post
So, I registered my 11th grade for AP Computer Science since this is the first time they're ever bringing this class at school before. I wanted to this a long time ago, but never had the resources for it. I finally do, but is this a great class to start off with guys? I've done a bit of Web Dev -- HTML and CSS, and thats about it. Any suggestions/tips?

It'd be a good introduction but it might be a bit messy as it's the first time the schools doing it. I'd say go for it not gonna harm you to learn is it?
06-02-2016, 09:34 AM #6
I just finished my second year of my CS degree so can tell you some things to look at:

Algorithms & Data Structures - Familiarise yourself with common algorithms for searching and sorting, such as binary search, mergesort, quicksort etc. Also look at common data structures and try implementing a few yourself e.g. linked lists, binary search trees, stacks & queues etc. Also make sure you understand basic underlying data structures like arrays and how they work etc. Finally look at O notation and try to gain an understanding of it so you can make sense of what it means when someone says a sorting algorithm is O(n log n) efficiency or O(n^2) etc.

Computation Theory - These might be some areas to have a read into, if you do CS at a degree level you'll cover them, but might not be worth your time looking at them first off, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have at least seen them briefly before, So, look at formal logic, both first order and predicate logic, look at regular languages and context free languages and how they relate to parsing and compilers etc. look at turning machines and have a read about topics like church-turing thesis. If you look at all of that, you should have a fairly good idea about what CS is actually about.

The following 2 users say thank you to Madison Taylor for this useful post:

Hydrogen, Robert123
06-06-2016, 07:11 PM #7
Jim Halpert
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
So, I registered my 11th grade for AP Computer Science since this is the first time they're ever bringing this class at school before. I wanted to this a long time ago, but never had the resources for it. I finally do, but is this a great class to start off with guys? I've done a bit of Web Dev -- HTML and CSS, and thats about it. Any suggestions/tips?

It's probably going to be an easy class for you. It is definitely a solid foundation.
06-07-2016, 10:03 PM #8
Ethen
Banned

When i was at school, you just needed to know the theory, like memorise key words, and know things such as logic gates. There were alot more things but everywhere teaaches differently.
06-19-2016, 01:45 PM #9
anthonything
Space Ninja

AP Computer Science covers strictly Java. Nothing super complex nor anything really that big of a deal. A monkey with half a brain can get a 5 on that test.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo