Post: Emergency Simulator Game - Talented People Required!
07-13-2016, 09:28 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NGU,

I have an idea for a really realistic, emergency simulator game that I would like to develop. I need coders, designers etc, to help me bring my idea to life and make an amazingly interactive game that fulfills enthusiast's dreams. I plan on trying to get this project funded through a crowd funding website like Kickstarter, but I will need a basic alpha of the game to showcase to potential investors before that could be made possible! If you are experienced in this sort of area and see the vision that I do, then I want you! Feel free to message me for further details or questions. Thanks!

- Link
07-16-2016, 10:19 AM #2
Originally posted by MindOfLink View Post
Hello NGU,

I have an idea for a really realistic, emergency simulator game that I would like to develop. I need coders, designers etc, to help me bring my idea to life and make an amazingly interactive game that fulfills enthusiast's dreams. I plan on trying to get this project funded through a crowd funding website like Kickstarter, but I will need a basic alpha of the game to showcase to potential investors before that could be made possible! If you are experienced in this sort of area and see the vision that I do, then I want you! Feel free to message me for further details or questions. Thanks!

- Link

So you're wanting people to do free work and basically you're wanting to create the game You must login or register to view this content.?
You should read You must login or register to view this content. also.

The following user thanked TheUnexpected for this useful post:

Specter
07-18-2016, 06:35 AM #3
Originally posted by MindOfLink View Post
Hello NGU,

- Link

With all the available (free, until you go to sell) game engines out there, CryEngine (by far, the mac daddy of game engines), Unreal Engine 4 (my favorite, except I cannot get 4.12 working nicely Sal), Stringray (fairly new), Unity (HUGE community), etc, AND the communities around them, you are more than capable of creating at least a functioning prototype. Everything it takes to design even a game prototype takes time, even for a well oiled team. At school, I am part of a 9 person team, and it's taken us 6 months just to get to the functioning prototype stage. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, and your game won't be either.

Unreal Engine and Stringray both make great use of script engines - node based, drag and drop type systems that take place of actually coding. In unreal, there are blueprints, and in 4.12, you can cook them into actual c++ for learning functions and parameters. In Autodesk's Stringray, this is no programming, only node-based scripting. However, Stringray's integration with maya makes it worth at least checking out. CryEngine and Unity (and Unreal since it works both with c++ and blueprints) make use of straight up scripts written in either C#, C++, Lua, etc.

Any type of design, UI, level design, what have you, is going to need iterations of nailing down details, so it might be good for you to ask yourself what you really want your game to resemble and feel like, not what another person might throw onto the screen. If you've taken any design courses in school (or if you are past your school years) you can surely appreciate how much thought goes into each element. (A good example would be to watch the video on the making of The Last Of Us, specifically the UI design part)

Asset creation and building the actual game is very time consuming and can be tedious, but it takes time to get things right! There are so many software packages out there (both free and paid) to help create all the sprites, models, and textures your game will need. From all the work I've done for my animation classes and game design classes, I would say that my preferred modeling software is 3DS max (although maya runs rampant in the game industry) and Photoshop FTW :wato: Free alternatives are Blender (very good), Sculptris, Gimp, Pixlr, etc. (MS Paint :trollSmile

Now that I've bored you with all the details, like the above commented, in the game industry, no one will work for free on untried and untested ideas for what I can assume would be a while since you only have a primitive game idea. However, with all the software I mentioned early in this post, you can flesh out a prototype and present it to various game design/ game engine forums, and believe me, having a solid knowledge base and a functioning prototype goes a long way in encouraging people to get involved with your vision. (Since this isn't really a game dev forum, it's more a console modding forum, I would highly suggest you visit the forums of some of the game engine's that I mentioned) Good Luck! Enzo

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo