Post: Software Exploitation (Introduction - Debugging - Shellcode)
05-16-2017, 05:39 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Sup guys, many of you all are some great programmers here on NextGenUpdate. So taking it to another level of reversing and hacking. Found some clean slides that will help you gain more knowledge when it comes to Software Exploitation. This will be broke down into three different categories in order:

1. Introduction to Software Exploitation
  2. Debugging to Software Exploitation
  3. Shellcode to Software Exploitation

I went through them, and they seem to be very organized. More creativity to a certain topic makes it fun to learn, correct? Hopefully this helps any of you all who are curious over this, good luck!

1.) You must login or register to view this content.
2.) You must login or register to view this content.
3.) You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Hydrogen ; 05-16-2017 at 05:47 PM.

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

HMXOnDex
05-17-2017, 08:01 AM #2
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post

Sup guys, many of you all are some great programmers here on NextGenUpdate.

You are talking to like 8 people and of those 8 people 0 are probably interested.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

theDaftDev
05-17-2017, 08:09 AM #3
Don't want to offend you but I think those threads that you keep on making add zero value to the sub because the topic are very generic and people interested in learning will most likely easily find similar content by a quick search on google.
People need to bring their own content, show off shit and such... In the past 24 hours you posted links to 3 books, a one thousand pages pdf and about 120 slides. I have a hard time believing that even you had to time to read all of it in such a short time lapse...
You're just saturating the section with useless content.
05-17-2017, 08:25 AM #4
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by EYE
Not really useless as people with this interest can find it here...

Don't see what's wrong in posting a thread...

If you want useless look at oneup's comment.... 10/10 helpful

If you want useless, reinstate you as staff. 10/10 dont think you even do shit.

The point being this is all he does. Find something he doesn't understand on another site and pastes it here. What daft is talking about is if you are going to do that at least do something with it. Write a tutorial, make a project but don't just paste shit you find somewhere for fuck all reason.
05-17-2017, 08:27 AM #5
Originally posted by EYE
Not really useless as people with this interest can find it here...

Don't see what's wrong in posting a thread...

Do you seriously think that out of the few members that are active in the section any of them will think that the first place where they will find relevant information about any specific topic is the barely alive programming section of NGU? That's just stupid.
This information is easily accessible anywhere else and it's less of a hassle to look for it on google. I don't think oneup's comment is useless; like him I wish threads like this didn't contribute in making this place mundane and devoid of any original content
05-17-2017, 08:29 AM #6
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by EYE
That makes sense, and your probably correct about the un-needed insult/truth aimed at me.

I can only work with what you give me, if you wish to start the shit talking expect to get it back. Simple as that.
In case you forgot:
Originally posted by EYE

05-17-2017, 08:48 PM #7
Specter
Pro Memer
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post

Sup guys, many of you all are some great programmers here on NextGenUpdate. So taking it to another level of reversing and hacking. Found some clean slides that will help you gain more knowledge when it comes to Software Exploitation. This will be broke down into three different categories in order:

1. Introduction to Software Exploitation
  2. Debugging to Software Exploitation
  3. Shellcode to Software Exploitation

I went through them, and they seem to be very organized. More creativity to a certain topic makes it fun to learn, correct? Hopefully this helps any of you all who are curious over this, good luck!

1.) You must login or register to view this content.
2.) You must login or register to view this content.
3.) You must login or register to view this content.

Has some good diagrams but it seems the slides assume a lot of things, and you probably won't really understand these without a base knowledge in x86/x64 anyway. But the disassembly shown can be very different because of

1) compiler optimizations
2) calling convention (CDECL vs. STDCALL)
3) userland or kernel
4) architecture, these slides seem to be x86-oriented
5) flags passed to the compiler such as security flags like -fstack-protector which adds stack cookies into the mix

Resources are still pretty good though for getting a concept of certain things like how the stack is managed in memory and understanding it's a FIFO system, and endianness.

The following user thanked Specter for this useful post:

Algebra
05-18-2017, 02:34 PM #8
boomcas3
Pokemon Trainer
usefull
05-24-2017, 03:57 AM #9
Damn 1UP still being a cuck after all of these years. Holy shit. Shall I bow for Mr greatest programmer ever (at least his attitude from back in the day suggested he were a god)? inb4 insults me for being irrelevant etc
05-24-2017, 05:52 AM #10
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by TheUnexpected View Post
Damn 1UP still being a cuck after all of these years. Holy shit. Shall I bow for Mr greatest programmer ever (at least his attitude from back in the day suggested he were a god)? inb4 insults me for being irrelevant etc

I don't know who you are. So you have that going for you.
But 1/10 on your post. You completely missed the point of it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo