08-19-2017, 10:51 PM #1
Whitedodge00
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well to put it quickly, I had my cell number and IP leaked on Twitter the other day. I have basic anti virus software from McAfee and Windows Defender. I was looking into a VPN as well. I was told you can use Windows Defender alongside McAfee but I've yet to figure it out. I've changed passwords on everything. Just looking for more advice and anything else that could help protect me in the long run.
08-23-2017, 10:32 PM #2
Sloth
Banned
Originally posted by Whitedodge00 View Post
Well to put it quickly, I had my cell number and IP leaked on Twitter the other day. I have basic anti virus software from McAfee and Windows Defender. I was looking into a VPN as well. I was told you can use Windows Defender alongside McAfee but I've yet to figure it out. I've changed passwords on everything. Just looking for more advice and anything else that could help protect me in the long run.

The only thing people can do with your cellphone number is look it up and find out your name possibly and your service provided and your city I believe.

IP Address they can find your general area where you live and can also DDoS you causing you to lose internet connection

Contact your ISP and ask them to change your public ip address and this should resolve that issue, not much you can do for the cellphone part except change your number.

They cannot access any of your accounts with either of those two.
09-01-2017, 11:10 PM #3
Originally posted by Sloth View Post
The only thing people can do with your cellphone number is look it up and find out your name possibly and your service provided and your city I believe.

IP Address they can find your general area where you live and can also DDoS you causing you to lose internet connection

Contact your ISP and ask them to change your public ip address and this should resolve that issue, not much you can do for the cellphone part except change your number.

They cannot access any of your accounts with either of those two.

Originally posted by Whitedodge00 View Post
Well to put it quickly, I had my cell number and IP leaked on Twitter the other day. I have basic anti virus software from McAfee and Windows Defender. I was looking into a VPN as well. I was told you can use Windows Defender alongside McAfee but I've yet to figure it out. I've changed passwords on everything. Just looking for more advice and anything else that could help protect me in the long run.

Depending on the phone provider you can access the site with the number if you kept your default login .

Also if they have your ip they can obtain a location info that can allow then to narrow your address down. The geo location info with give them a starting point and the phone will allow them to get your address.

I recommend removing you mcfee and installing something like malwarebytes as you have defender which is your basic av system and malwarebytes is an antimalware. This should also help with system bogging. Keep in mind if malware is runtime and scantime fud this won't help. Sandboxie can help for untrusted software.

After that ask for a ip reset but depending on your isp you might be mac locked.

I would also head down to your local police department and open a report as you may be open to swatting.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
All these are suggestions and nothing is guaranteed to work or stop anything. This site and I can not be held responsible if anything were to happen if you follow this free advice.

-josh

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo