06-15-2010, 12:54 PM #1
a24fan
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So as I looked up what I needed to make a gaming PC and whats good and whats not, my PC apparently isn't as crappy as I thought, just need a better graphics card and more RAM, but I downloaded the CoD4 Demo and when I tried to install it says I needed to get DirectX, no problem right? Wrong, whenever I try to install directX it says "A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted.. Like what does that mean?

I can't play CoD4 without it and I can't even get it, my PC has some bs problems.
06-15-2010, 01:24 PM #2
SEEBEE
Gym leader
Have you run windows update first? If not I would suggest fully updating first, then try again.
06-15-2010, 07:41 PM #3
a24fan
Gym leader
Originally posted by SEEBEE View Post
Have you run windows update first? If not I would suggest fully updating first, then try again.

Whenever I go to Windows Update it says "Page Failed To Load"

My PC is totally screwed up my SideBar and Windows Defender have screwed up, and I cannot fix it, no matter what I do so yeah.
06-16-2010, 06:12 AM #4
SEEBEE
Gym leader
Oh, ok ive fixed this problem before. My moms old work computer had this problem. But the way I fixed it, and the only way i really know how to, is to do a clean re-install of windows.
06-16-2010, 06:16 AM #5
Kush Friendly
dammm thats the only way? buuust
06-16-2010, 06:16 AM #6
SEEBEE
Gym leader
Originally posted by CodFatherxx View Post
dammm thats the only way? buuust

I wouldnt say the ONLY way, but its the only way i know of :/
06-16-2010, 05:06 PM #7
a24fan
Gym leader
hm well when you install a different os on your pc dont you have to wipe the hard drive? i heard that you had to, im getting a new graphics card and more RAM soon, so I may get Windows XP since I hate Vista and people said they had problems with windows 7 on cod4

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

oh and which do you guys think is better or which IS better?

ATI Raedon HD5770 or nVidia GeForce 9800GTX?

One guy told me that the 5770 was cheaper but is it not as good?
06-16-2010, 06:45 PM #8
SEEBEE
Gym leader
Originally posted by a24fan View Post
hm well when you install a different os on your pc dont you have to wipe the hard drive? i heard that you had to, im getting a new graphics card and more RAM soon, so I may get Windows XP since I hate Vista and people said they had problems with windows 7 on cod4

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

oh and which do you guys think is better or which IS better?

ATI Raedon HD5770 or nVidia GeForce 9800GTX?

One guy told me that the 5770 was cheaper but is it not as good?

Yes you do have to wipe your hard drive, and a 5770 is much better, less power requirements, about the same raw horsepower, DX11 (Tessellation), and crossfire scaling is INCREDIBLE with those cards.
06-19-2010, 07:56 PM #9
reinstall your windows simple ...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo