06-11-2012, 03:56 PM #1
Sweets
Wololo
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey, I think my PC is not finding my graphics card. I mean this because with my specs I should be able to run SWTOR at medium to high specs and Total War Shogun 2 at medium settings. I can only run them on low and very low respectively. I get the feeling that my PC is not finding or recognising or whatever my graphics card, as also when I test a game on Can You Run It, it always says my graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics Family.

It's an AMD Radeon Card btw.
Last edited by Sweets ; 06-11-2012 at 04:10 PM.
06-11-2012, 04:02 PM #2
Aspire.
The future is in your hands
Originally posted by Sweets View Post
Hey, I think my PC is not finding my graphics card. I mean this because with my specs I should be able to run SWTOR at medium to high specs and Total War Shogun 2 at medium settings. I can only run them on low and very low respectively. I get the feeling that my PC is not finding or recognising or whatever my graphics card, as also when I test a game on Can You Run It, it always says my graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics Family.

What model is your graphics card and have you accidently plugged your signal cable to the motherboard output?
06-11-2012, 04:12 PM #3
Sweets
Wololo
Originally posted by Violet View Post
What model is your graphics card and have you accidently plugged your signal cable to the motherboard output?

It's a Radeon HD 6490M and I doubt it, I'm on a laptop and wouldn't dare open it up.
06-11-2012, 04:20 PM #4
Aspire.
The future is in your hands
Originally posted by Sweets View Post
It's a Radeon HD 6490M and I doubt it, I'm on a laptop and wouldn't dare open it up.

Hmmm from what I can tell, it looks like to me that your processor must be an intel core? and the graphics currently powering it must be from the motherboard. Your primary graphics card for some reason has been switched over as a secondary. Did you update drivers or anything?
06-11-2012, 04:23 PM #5
Sweets
Wololo
Originally posted by Violet View Post
Hmmm from what I can tell, it looks like to me that your processor must be an intel core? and the graphics currently powering it must be from the motherboard. Your primary graphics card for some reason has been switched over as a secondary. Did you update drivers or anything?

Yep the processor is an i5, haven't updated any drivers.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo