07-15-2012, 05:28 PM #1
iiReFuZee
MW3 + BO1 Recoveries
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hello I'm getting a new motherboard, My pc already had windows 7 in it when i bought it so when i get the new Mobo will i need to buy windows 7 again?
07-15-2012, 06:37 PM #2
Yes, that was an OEM Windows 7 you had. Its tied to the motherboard.
07-15-2012, 10:39 PM #3
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by FlyingIrishMan View Post
Yes, that was an OEM Windows 7 you had. Its tied to the motherboard.

Lmao.

Edit:

I'm retarded.

Pls pls forgive.

Didn't know it was OEM
Last edited by Millz ; 07-16-2012 at 04:08 AM.
07-16-2012, 12:00 AM #4
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
Lmao.

No but in all seriousness you won't have to. Windows 7 is on the Hard Drive, not on the motherboard. If you buy a new motherboard all you need to do is to take the HDD from the old Motherboard and plug it into the new motherboard.

No, when you buy a computer with Windows already on it its an OEM windows 7 (assuming it wasn't a pre-built one bough second hand).
But if you buy it fresh out of a store then it is an OEM version of Windows 7, Microsoft sells these to companys for a lot cheaper than the normal Windows 7.
It is tied to the motherboard so if the motherboard dies or if you upgrade to a new one, you have to get a new copy of Windows.

I usually agree with everything you say Millz, but look this up.

The following user thanked FlyingIrishMan for this useful post:

Millz
07-16-2012, 01:10 AM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
its oem, thats why im on ubunti 12.04 now
07-16-2012, 04:04 AM #6
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by FlyingIrishMan View Post
No, when you buy a computer with Windows already on it its an OEM windows 7 (assuming it wasn't a pre-built one bough second hand).
But if you buy it fresh out of a store then it is an OEM version of Windows 7, Microsoft sells these to companys for a lot cheaper than the normal Windows 7.
It is tied to the motherboard so if the motherboard dies or if you upgrade to a new one, you have to get a new copy of Windows.

I usually agree with everything you say Millz, but look this up.

I feel like a retard.

Didn't realize it was OEM.
Last edited by Millz ; 07-16-2012 at 04:07 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo