08-10-2012, 11:11 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi NGU!
I forgot my admin password :p Is there any way I can recover the password? I have a lot of stuff on my PC, so I don't want to reset it. Any ideas? Thanks!
Last edited by mister_k ; 08-10-2012 at 11:16 PM.
08-11-2012, 12:11 AM #2
ghostbear
Vaulted cur
Originally posted by k View Post
Hi NGU!
I forgot my admin password :p Is there any way I can recover the password? I have a lot of stuff on my PC, so I don't want to reset it. Any ideas? Thanks!

There is a boot disk that will allow you to remove xp passwords. It is linux based and uses a very easy menu system.
Use google to search for linux based windows xp password hack. Lost my disk or I would give better details.

Might try UBCD(ultimate boot cd) don't knowif it can help you.
08-11-2012, 12:15 AM #3
Originally posted by ghostbear View Post
There is a boot disk that will allow you to remove xp passwords. It is linux based and uses a very easy menu system.
Use google to search for linux based windows xp password hack. Lost my disk or I would give better details.

Might try UBCD(ultimate boot cd) don't knowif it can help you.

isn't there a program without a boot disk? it would be much easier for me :p but thanks anyways!
08-11-2012, 12:20 AM #4
ghostbear
Vaulted cur
isn't there a program without a boot disk? it would be much easier for me :p but thanks anyways!

Not really,most password recovery requires a boot disk, unless the main admin account is not password protected. You can access it by pressing f8 during boot and entering safe mode. When it asks for login press ctrl-alt-del, and type in administrator. That might work.

Also here is one site that might help. You must login or register to view this content.
08-22-2012, 09:11 AM #5
-Collins-
Climbing up the ladder
start your computer up click f8 go into safe mode administrator will be at the top click that account then go on to control panel and change the password for the account you want.
09-22-2012, 07:58 PM #6
FrenziosMix
Who’s Jim Erased?
Hi NGU!

Hello,

im sorry to hear that you lost your password, but the solution is simple Winky Winky

Create a bootable USB Ophcrack in Windows
Ophcrack is an open source Windows password cracking utility that uses rainbow tables to find passwords. It can be run from Windows, Linux or Live CD. The following tutorial explains how to install and boot Ophcrack from a portable USB device. Since the Live CD version (running from a SLAX now SliTaz core) is already available, creating USB Ophcrack is similar to converting any other Live Linux CD to USB and now they even offer their own tazusb.exe installer.

Ophcrack Desktop Screenshot

Distribution Home Page: You must login or register to view this content.

Minimum Flash Drive Capacity: 512MB

Persistent Feature: No – Doesn't need to be

Tools used to create USB Ophcrack:

Windows Computer (Windows XP is used here)
512 MB or larger portable device (USB stick)
Ophcrack XP or Vista Live CD and tazusb.exe
Creating bootable USB Ophcrack:
Note: Use our updated Ophcrack USB Install tutorial instead, which explains how to add the Vista Tables to your Ophcrack XP install, so you only need one install to recover XP or Vista passwords.

Download a Ophcrack Vista or XP Live CD ISO
Insert your USB Flash Drive
Download and run tazusb.exe then follow the onscreen instructions
Reboot your PC and set your BIOS boot menu to boot from the USB device
If all goes well, you should be booting from the USB stick into a mini SLAX environment. Ophcrack is launched automatically after boot.
10-23-2012, 09:35 PM #7
damn i think im late to answer this one so il just post a "hey dudes nice job" thats all....or is it?
10-20-2014, 03:48 AM #8
bmob10189
At least I can fight
Hi NGU!

On boot up type F8, then select safe mode. From here sign into administrator acc not your acc that you made admin. Then go to control panel n user accounts, then select your account n change or remove password ;-)
10-20-2014, 12:44 PM #9
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by bmob10189 View Post
On boot up type F8, then select safe mode. From here sign into administrator acc not your acc that you made admin. Then go to control panel n user accounts, then select your account n change or remove password ;-)

Please don't bump 2 year old threads.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo