06-23-2014, 12:16 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Just notices my W key on my keyboard gets stuck.

I was thinking of taking it into an Apple store or can I fix it without going there?
06-23-2014, 07:49 PM #2
Toke
PC Master Race
That great apple glued together laptop build quality, taking it there is all you can do other then sell it and get a decent desktop and cheap laptop/tablet
06-23-2014, 07:54 PM #3
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Toke View Post
That great apple glued together laptop build quality, taking it there is all you can do other then sell it and get a decent desktop and cheap laptop/tablet

The best build quality laptop I've ever touched.. All other laptops are plastic and horrible.

I have a desktop and iPad already.
06-24-2014, 01:41 AM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Alt View Post
The best build quality laptop I've ever touched.. All other laptops are plastic and horrible.

There are other laptops that are not made of plastic
06-25-2014, 04:19 PM #5
Just notices my W key on my keyboard gets stuck.

I was thinking of taking it into an Apple store or can I fix it without going there?

Just pop the key cap off and inspect it. There could be something sticky or tacky that got underneath it and when you stroke the key it causes it to stick. If you don't see or feel anything then I'd proceed to take it in.

The following user thanked Kingcr4b for this useful post:

Alt
06-25-2014, 04:23 PM #6

Don't be surprised if your iMac, if that's what you mean by desktop, starts having issues. I have one that I rarely used, I probably used it for less than a week. I recently noticed however that I can no longer adjust my tilt without it returning to it's lowest state all because Apple used black plastic washers instead of something made out of metal and they don't recognize it as a manufacturing defect.

I can attest to Apple's poor build quality, I've been around them my entire life, and my father has been around them since he bought the Apple II in the 70s. Albeit they are different and that's why my dad likes them and still has his entire collection dating from the 70s to today.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo