07-31-2014, 01:05 AM #1
Dan
I'm a god.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay, so my great aunt's computer is using the wireless adapter in the picture.. It connects to their internet, but when I open Internet Explorer it says unable to connect. The computer downloaded system updates? (It's on Win7).. What could be the problem?
07-31-2014, 01:07 AM #2
Originally posted by Dan View Post
Okay, so my great aunt's computer is using the wireless adapter in the picture.. It connects to their internet, but when I open Internet Explorer it says unable to connect. The computer downloaded system updates? (It's on Win7).. What could be the problem?

have you asked windows 7 what the problem is , it has a self diagnostics tool in networking sharing
07-31-2014, 01:08 AM #3
Dan
I'm a god.
Originally posted by Kleio View Post
have you asked windows 7 what the problem is , it has a self diagnostics tool in networking sharing

Yes multiple times, it doesn't pick up anything.
07-31-2014, 01:10 AM #4
Yes multiple times, it doesn't pick up anything.

huh driver is updated for it ? which icon shows up broken with an x so you can know if its the router or the network connection , also try hard resetting the modem and router
07-31-2014, 01:12 AM #5
Dan
I'm a god.
huh driver is updated for it ? which icon shows up broken with an x so you can know if its the router or the network connection , also try hard resetting the modem and router

There isn't any red x's.. It's connected, it's just when I try to use a program that uses a internet connection. Windows Update downloaded updates just fine.
07-31-2014, 01:24 AM #6
There isn't any red x's.. It's connected, it's just when I try to use a program that uses a internet connection. Windows Update downloaded updates just fine.
have you got chrome or anything like that ?
cant really think of to many reasons its not working try using a ethernet cable as well
07-31-2014, 01:31 AM #7
Dan
I'm a god.
have you got chrome or anything like that ?
cant really think of to many reasons its not working try using a ethernet cable as well

The router is upstairs and I put Chrome on a USB, when it's installing it tries to connect to the internet and fails every time.
08-01-2014, 07:02 AM #8
RADDY1993
< ^ > < ^ >
Try changing the wireless channel in the router, you may be getting interference from other devices such as wireless phones and tv's.

The following user thanked RADDY1993 for this useful post:

Dan
08-01-2014, 07:42 AM #9
owens12
Gym leader
Happens to me to like gets annoying
09-14-2014, 01:42 AM #10
Dan
I'm a god.
Originally posted by EYE
try updating the drivers for wireless. BIOS update too

I ended up just reinstalling Windows, but thanks.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo